• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ex-MLB pitcher Esteban Loaiza arrested with more than 20 kilograms of drugs

HaloNArizona

Former major league pitcher Esteban Loaiza has been jailed and is facing felony drug charges after being arrested in San Diego on Friday, according to online court records.

Loaiza is being held on $200,000 bail by the San Diego County Sheriff's Department on three felony charges: suspected possession of heroin and cocaine, over 20 kilograms; possession of narcotics for sale; and possession and transportation of narcotics for sale.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/22408066/esteban-loaiza-former-mlb-pitcher-arrested-20-kilograms-drugs

Honestly all joking aside why in the hell would he even be caught up in something like this? I’m not even talking about the ethics of it, but logically. This is a man that made tens of millions of dollars legitimately pitching in the majors. He honestly couldn’t find a less risky business to invest his money into? 

Ok, let’s assume he is into trafficking on a major level. How do you get caught with it in one of your homes? Why not isolate yourself completely from the product and the whole business end of it all together? I mean wow. Obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer. 

1 hour ago, Angelsfirst said:

Honestly all joking aside why in the hell would he even be caught up in something like this? I’m not even talking about the ethics of it, but logically. This is a man that made tens of millions of dollars legitimately pitching in the majors. He honestly couldn’t find a less risky business to invest his money into? 

Ok, let’s assume he is into trafficking on a major level. How do you get caught with it in one of your homes? Why not isolate yourself completely from the product and the whole business end of it all together? I mean wow. Obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer. 

Popped coming into SD with a quantity...he was tapped on the shoulder by someone who said his name (as an ex mlb guy) would get him over.

Not sure his background. Where hes from, where he grew up, where his family is. Bur this isnt random.

Like i already said, i wonder who he got connected to. And dont write off he was already "perfume testing" it himself.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Popped coming into SD with a quantity...he was tapped on the shoulder by someone who said his name (as an ex mlb guy) would get him over.

Not sure his background. Where hes from, where he grew up, where his family is. Bur this isnt random.

Like i already said, i wonder who he got connected to. And dont write off he was already "perfume testing" it himself.

According to his BR page he was born in Tijuana went to high school in Imperial Beach. I wouldn't rule out that he's been coerced in some way

22 hours ago, arch stanton said:

According to his BR page he was born in Tijuana went to high school in Imperial Beach. I wouldn't rule out that he's been coerced in some way

17 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Born amd raised in TJ..  went to HS just north of the border.   He likely was around the element growing up -- shame he didnt leave it behind.

Bingo.

And i dont mean that to sound like a dick, like "everyone from TJ". But that whole scene is entrenched there. And in case anyone is wondering, no, you couldnt just have a buddy who made a batch of several pounds. He was moving it for somebody real.

Like blarg said, the mlb money likely ran out awhipe back...or he owed someone a favor...

• 5 months later...