• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Go on record. Predict Ohtani numbers for 2018.

Dtwncbad

As a pitcher he'll start off looking like  a cy young candidate.  Over the season he'll wear down a bit and the league will catch up. 

14-9, 3.60 era, 1.10 whip

Exact opposite as a hitter.  He'll look overmatched and some will say he should just pitch.  Over the season he'll settle in and put up respectable numbers. 

.255, 12 hr 

Wins ROY 

Oh my, He'll start the season in AAA. go 2-1 and throw 18 innings with a whip of 1.25 and hit 278 with 2 homers, while striking out 20% of the time.

He'll then come up the majors, go 9 and 8, with a 1.31 whip, ERA of 3.78. he'll hit 245 with an OBP of 301, hitting 12 homers and striking out 23% of the time.

his best months will be August and September and actually carry the angels for a week in September, winning 2 games as a pitcher and hitting 3 homers, one a game winner.

2019 he'll become the star he was advertised as. 2018, lots of learning, adjusting, etc.

5 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

Fingers crossed. I hope doc is right about him being a plus hitter. 

Pitching wise im hoping for another GRich, and hopefully a healthy GRich to back to back with him. If that happens, we're going to be in a lot better shape than i think most realize.

I think Trout is going to come into the year ready to go after houston. And as i said the other dsy, i think kinsler (forget about his past dickheadness) and upton etc etc are going to make a big leap forward in the teams confidence and goals.

145 IP, 2.90 ERA, 150 K, 50 BB

.250/.310/.460  - 18 homeruns (kinda optimistic on power - he's older (23), stronger, and healthier, and until pitchers find his weaknesses, will punish mistakes) 

combined WAR ~6, ROY, WS MVP runner-up :)

The interesting thing is his age - he's well short of his peak - his real power, both pitching and hitting, may well lie ahead of him.

18 hours ago, Dick Enberg said:

Oh my, He'll start the season in AAA. go 2-1 and throw 18 innings with a whip of 1.25 and hit 278 with 2 homers, while striking out 20% of the time.

He'll then come up the majors, go 9 and 8, with a 1.31 whip, ERA of 3.78. he'll hit 245 with an OBP of 301, hitting 12 homers and striking out 23% of the time.

his best months will be August and September and actually carry the angels for a week in September, winning 2 games as a pitcher and hitting 3 homers, one a game winner.

2019 he'll become the star he was advertised as. 2018, lots of learning, adjusting, etc.

I can't see him going to AAA unless he totally bombs in Spring training.