• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ditching DirecTv and ATT internet

Adam

1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I've got spectrum and don't really have any complaints since I just use them for internet.  My mom has FIOS which is now Frontier FIOS.  A few years ago FIOS was supposed to be the best available and my mom had no issues but she's had nothing but problems since the change.  

Frontier is a shitty company. 

Off topic, but when I was in the academy, we had a Training Officer named Cox. One day, long story short, one of my partners got in trouble for not doing something he was supposed to.

So me and him (you had to do everything in pairs) got yelled at, and one of the other staff yelled "when rod cox tells you to do something, you do it!"

So we run off, and my buddy starts saying "thats bullshit! They never said i had to (fill in thr blank whatever it was), they just said I, WAIT......did he just say his name is rod cox?!?!?"

We still text that toneach other once a year or so.

good for you, adam!

i still feel good about my decision to cut the cord, and i don't miss anything except regional sports, but i' over it already. 

we literally only have 1 internet provider here, but it's actually pretty good.  they don't throttle, and it's $60 for 30 mpgs down, so I don't complain. i looked into some satellite and dsl providers (so i guess we do have more than 1 option up here), but the speeds were crap. 

for the olympics, i'm thinking about getting one of the a la carte providers for roughly $30 for the month. not sure yet. 

make sure to use the free trials for hulu, cbs on demand, etc if you're interested in the content they offer. amazon and netflix are my staples. 

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Damn I only have att and cox available for internet. Looks like I’m gonna do the cox

Your only other option would be satellite internet.  I think Hughes Net is the main one.  But I'm not sure how solid the bandwidth is for things like streaming.  Especially if you're going with Sling TV. 

it's true that internet providers are probably about to start well and truly fucking us cable cutters thanks to the recent fcc ruling. 

i stream lots of tv and movies, and also do quite a bit of gaming. the fuckers up here (charter) will most likely start charging me an extra $10.00/month for each of those, and add throttling just for shits and giggles. 

it's going to be interesting to see if going back to cable might actually end up being cheaper when att/verizon/comcast/etc start messing all of us around.