• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Realmuto

greginpsca

What would it take to pry J.T & Kyle Barraclough away from the Marlins?....Rodriguez, Ward, Bedrock & Jones?

JT would solve our catching questions starting next year with Maldonado becoming a FA and Barraclough could slide into our set-up guy spot/future closer spot as he throws hard and has a great slider!

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/21805962/miami-marlins-catcher-jt-realmuto-requests-traded

Miami Marlins starting catcher J.T. Realmuto has requested to be traded, a source confirmed to ESPN.

The Marlins, under new ownership since October, have traded National League MVP Giancarlo Stanton, two-time All-Star second baseman Dee Gordon and All-Star outfielder Marcell Ozuna this offseason to reduce payroll.

In 141 games last season, Realmuto hit 17 home runs and had 65 RBIs -- both career highs.

Realmuto, who will turn 27 in March, made $562,500 last season and is eligible for arbitration in 2018.

SiriusXM first reported that Realmuto requested a trade from Miami.

I'd rather sign Machete to a new deal.   His work with pitchers and his arm, along with his potential power-hitting, is what you want to have in a catcher.    He now understands what it's like to catch 130-140 games in a season.  

He may be 30, but hasn't caught a ton of MLB games yet.   I can see him providing 5 more strong seasons as a leader behind the plate, and just maybe the hitting improves too.  

What? No. Martin Maldonado is a friggin' beast. I know his offense isn't as great as we could get from a catcher but his defense and handling of the staff are phenomenal. The prospects he would require would be better served for a SP, a CP, Yelich, or a long-term solution at 2B that could serve as a UT player all season. 

14 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

He’ll cost a lot in terms of prospects.

Trade for Grandal instead if you want a cheaper 1B catching option.  Grandad will be significantly cheaper via trade, is a lefty power bat, can play first, and is an elite framer.  Perfect solution for many of our issues.

Blocking out the umpire?.... Non STAT! Great job Scotty Boras!....

BTW, I know the Marlins are selling and it's annoying for the players, but this guy is entering his third year of club control.  he hasn't signed an extension. He wasn't made promises or duped into doing something that is beyond the normal process.  

There are good players on bad teams.  Shit happens.  Play out your service time and go get a FA contract.  You've got no say.  Shut your mouth like the rest of the guys stuck in bad situations that have no control.  

I get Yelich being pissed.  He gave up three years of free agency to play with Stanton and Ozuna.  To win or at least have that as the goal.  While he technically has no say about it, new ownership owes him an idea of the plan just to keep the peace.  

But Realmuto?  If I were the the marlins, I'd be like 'suck it dude'.   

39 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Hell no doc. You play the game to win. Not to help your employer turn a profit. The situation in Miami is not the same everywhere. It's a laughingstock and even wonder boy Jeter is getting smacked around from how he is handling it.

You're not wrong, but neither is @Dochalo. Jeter and Co. inherited this mess. Yeah, they could have handled it better, but coming in and throwing crazy money around to try and quick fix things wouldn't have helped either.

1 hour ago, Tyler said:

Hell no doc. You play the game to win. Not to help your employer turn a profit. The situation in Miami is not the same everywhere. It's a laughingstock and even wonder boy Jeter is getting smacked around from how he is handling it.

of course.  but if every good young player on a bad team requested a trade, the league would  be a joke.  

the 2012 Astros had a 22yo Jose Altuve and a 24yo Dallas Keuchel.  It was their second of 3 consecutive 100 loss seasons.  

the 2012 Cubs had a 22yo Anthony Rizzo and 101 losses with seasons of 87, 91, 96 and 89 losses on either side of it.  

I don't remember hearing anything from those guys about wanting to be traded. 

It's part of the game.  The club has you under control for six years.  It's been collectively bargained.