• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani Received PRP Injection in October

ettin

4 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Trout agrees ... sorry about pixels, feel free to delete lol

2EEB5C4F-E330-45D5-A26B-78249B3ACE87.jpeg

Remember @Troll Daddy, you can double click on the picture you upload and it will bring up the dimensions. Just change the width to a max of 500, then hit the tab button so it will auto correct the height for proportion. 

In regards to my post above, I'm just curious.  I was originally a bit bummed out because of the original statements coming out about it.  Now I feel a lot better about it, but it still makes me wonder.  Even without this minor sprain there is always a chance he goes down with injury as there is with any pitcher.  I just wonder how it would play out.  They have obviously promised him the chance to be a two way player and at the current moment they don't have anyone outside of Pujols to full time DH.  So in a scenario where he ends up out until 2020, what happens?  Would the pick up someone else to DH if Albert keeps digressing?  If not, would Ohtani be on a short leash with the bat?  

Who knows, maybe by then they will have extended Trout and the whole 2020 scenario becomes a different picture.  

1 minute ago, AngelsFanSince86 said:

In regards to my post above, I'm just curious.  I was originally a bit bummed out because of the original statements coming out about it.  Now I feel a lot better about it, but it still makes me wonder.  Even without this minor sprain there is always a chance he goes down with injury as there is with any pitcher.  I just wonder how it would play out.  They have obviously promised him the chance to be a two way player and at the current moment they don't have anyone outside of Pujols to full time DH.  So in a scenario where he ends up out until 2020, what happens?  Would the pick up someone else to DH if Albert keeps digressing?  If not, would Ohtani be on a short leash with the bat?  

Who knows, maybe by then they will have extended Trout and the whole 2020 scenario becomes a different picture.  

I wouldn't worry about something that has yet to happen. You can argue that you'd need to worry about every arm in the rotation, in fact every team's rotation. 

Pitchers are always a big risk. Always. 

12 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I wouldn't worry about something that has yet to happen. You can argue that you'd need to worry about every arm in the rotation, in fact every team's rotation. 

Pitchers are always a big risk. Always. 

Yeah I understand that.  I guess the difference with him, and the thing I am most curious about, is his hitting.  He signed with the Angels under the agreement he would get a solid chance to hit.  As it stands now we have at least 3 more years with Trout and the team is just starting to come together.  Giving him a shot at hitting this next year and letting the ups and downs ride out isn't such a big deal.  That would seemingly change if we are in Trouts last year before free agency and are trying to be competitive as possible.  If he get half way through the year and then goes down what happens when he comes back?  I presume if he hits well up to that point they would hvae a spot for him when he came back.  If he had been terrible they would likely not give him much of as shot.  If he had shown glimpses then I think that is where it would get tricky.

I guess its hard for us to speculate because we don't really know what the extent of their agreement is and what stipulations it may or may not have.   Plus like you said it hasn't happened yet.  This was just something that popped into my head when these reports came out and even though they were exaggerated it still makes me curious.  

Listening to the radio right now and I really despise the media. The headline was "Coming up after the break. The Angels thought they won the Ohtani sweepstakes but are they really the huge losers in all of this? It looks like there is a good chance Ohtani will need TJ surgery just a few days after he agreed to sign with the angels".

2 minutes ago, AngelsFanSince86 said:

Yeah I understand that.  I guess the difference with him, and the thing I am most curious about, is his hitting.  He signed with the Angels under the agreement he would get a solid chance to hit.  As it stands now we have at least 3 more years with Trout and the team is just starting to come together.  Giving him a shot at hitting this next year and letting the ups and downs ride out isn't such a big deal.  That would seemingly change if we are in Trouts last year before free agency and are trying to be competitive as possible.  If he get half way through the year and then goes down what happens when he comes back?  I presume if he hits well up to that point they would hvae a spot for him when he came back.  If he had been terrible they would likely not give him much of as shot.  If he had shown glimpses then I think that is where it would get tricky.

I guess its hard for us to speculate because we don't really know what the extent of their agreement is and what stipulations it may or may not have.   Plus like you said it hasn't happened yet.  This was just something that popped into my head when these reports came out and even though they were exaggerated it still makes me curious.  

Yeah we won't really know until we see more of him. The good news is there's no wear and tear on an elbow just hitting as a DH, so the Angels should give him as many at bats as possible in ST. In Japan they don't have the 100 pitch limits like we have here, so it's possible that by reducing the amount of pitches in a game that it bodes well for his long term health going forward. 

I mean if he rakes in ST we may see him more as a hitter than a pitcher in 2018, pitching just every 6 days, not including off days, using JC Ramirez as a long man in relief. 

3 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

Listening to the radio right now and I really despise the media. The headline was "Coming up after the break. The Angels thought they won the Ohtani sweepstakes but are they really the huge losers in all of this? It looks like there is a good chance Ohtani will need TJ surgery just a few days after he agreed to sign with the angels".

The annoying part..... People run with it as fact.....

3 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

Which radio station?

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I swear if I see anymore gloom and doom or Debbie Downer posts in this thread I will shut it down. 

Don't cancel Christmas for me, assholes. 

Relax, Chuck. This is the Angels we're talking about. Things like this are par for the course.

Maybe he should just play 1st base and forget about pitching?

I don't know, it's just weird how the blown-out-arm bug seems to hit so many of our guys.

47 minutes ago, MongoMuller said:

It looks like one of the GM's from the 7 finalists leaked Ohtani's medical report.  I haven't heard anything about an investigation but leaking someones medical information is serious.  I wonder if this can be considered a violation of HIPAA?

So Dipoto might get into trouble ? What kind of penalty would that be for the Dipoto or the Ms ?

19 hours ago, TroutField said:

Every team knew about this beforehand, why is everyone freaking out? 

It's because people in the public DON'T KNOW every team knew about this beforehand. So they break the story like the Angels are dumbshits, because nobody wanted him to go to the Angels except us Angel fans. 

10 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I think Passon and Br are just over blowing this up more than it should be.

They most definitely are. They wanted Ohtani on los doyers. Or another "big market" team that's anyone but the Halos. 

6 hours ago, zenmaster said:

All a joke and misinformation. 

So it sounds like the Halos got a steal with Ohtani, someone was butthurt the Angels got him, so they broke out the news that he has elbow issues which every single team knew about beforehand, but people or casual baseball fans were not aware of this, and then they all flamewar like the Angels got screwed, even though they didn't. 

Really par for the course this day and age with terrible media and their weak attempts at clickbait with no story. 

Everything is fine. Ohtani is ours, he is going to be a great addition, and ignore all the Halo Haters. 

2 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

So Dipoto might get into trouble ? What kind of penalty would that be for the Dipoto or the Ms ?

I don't know...this whole thing is shady.  When I saw the story I couldn't believe Yahoo were reporting damaging information from a report they shouldn't have had access too.  That seems like a clear HIPAA violation to me...disclosing personal medical information that can cause financial loss or damage to reputation.  CJ Wilson tweeted that it was outrageous Yahoo had the report and Buster Olney hinted very strongly it was Dipoto that leaked it with the intention of making Ohtani and the Angels look bad.  The only people with access to the report were the 7 GM's that made the final cut.  

I would ask Jeff Fletcher if MLB are looking at this but I'm not on twitter and I don't know how to message on here...

2 hours ago, Lou said:

If that were the case, we wouldn't hear about any injury. 

It's different when it is released by the organization or agent the player is signed with.  It shouldn't come from a report leaked by a GM with the intent to cause harm. MLB needs to look at this...