• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bourjos update

Glen

I'll expand more later, but yes I do think Conger can hit ~.270 and more importantly put up a higher obp. Bourjos' defense is that good, so yes he can net multiple pitching prospects. Anything he does with the bat is a bonus. Now why get rid of a player like that? A, because of Mike Trout and B, because we need pitching.

I can probably the biggest PB fan on here; however, if we can multiple pitching prospects of any quality for him then by all means, TRADE HIM.  You would have to be on drugs to not trade him for two good prospects.  I would consider it on one legit major league mid rotation arm.

Now that being said, are you on drugs thinking that PB is not as good as a hitter as Conger, but good enough to get multiple pitching prospects in a trade?

I am also a huge PB supporter, but I completely agree with this.  If PB can get you two good pitching prospects, it is a move that should be made.  I just don't see any team doing that, especially with him injured.

Finally, Conger as DH is laughable.

Also I'm well aware of major league stats of Bourjos and Hank. My opinion of Hank as a better hitter moving forward, if he can get out of catching, stems from my own armchair scouting over the years. Feel free to dismiss my opinion of it or bump this thread down the road. And Conger is the best player thatcan fill in at 1b/dh if we traded Bourjos for pp. It would only be till Cron is ready.

Small Sample Size....if he wasnt doing well and you'd say he just needs more AB's...wouldnt you be using the same argument? You would...because you have.

You are, by far, the biggest Bourjos troll. You use the small sample size to justify your opinion of his season last year and then use it to bash him this year. You used to contribute well to this board at one time and now it is your PBK soap box.

Ettin, we are pretty much over MHD's contribution and have moved on.

You are, by far, the biggest Bourjos troll. You use the small sample size to justify your opinion of his season last year and then use it to bash him this year. You used to contribute well to this board at one time and now it is your PBK soap box.

don't we already have Trumbo for that role? And I haven't see anything from Congers offense to indicate his offense will translate into a value at DH/1B

He looks like he is improving in left field and I love his arm out there.

Ettin, we are pretty much over MHD's contribution and have moved on.

Yeah but he bashed so many other posters in previous PBK threads, using the 2012 season as his platform, it is just super obnoxious to then use the sample size argument to bash his success this year. I'm done Eric, but if people don't stand up and point out potential flawed arguments and abuse, the terrorists win. ;)