• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bourjos update

Glen

Nothing personal against Pete...I'm sure he's really trying...but the blind faith that his fans have that he is some fantastic baseball player based on one season of results is mind numbing. People argue that the reason why I think he stinks is because he needs more AB's....then when he hits a streak of good fortune I can't use the same argument to say that its just a mirage? Double standards Chuck....double Standards.

Peter has a career wRC+ of 98. A league average hitter in CF with elite defense is quite valuable.

The hell? Conger's bat is much better than Bourjos'. What you're seeing now is playing catcher + hitting. It's all good. I'm out of this discussion. Gotta go to work lol In the meantime, get on that treadmill.

Conger career wRC+ 77

Borjous career wRC+ 98

Bourjos is a significantly better hitter.

I think you may be looking for sneaky_flute, kevin. I don't swing that way.

I think you may be looking for sneaky_flute, kevin. I don't swing that way.

Funny how you called someone fat and don't have a picture of yourself. Pot kettle

Small Sample Size....if he wasnt doing well and you'd say he just needs more AB's...wouldnt you be using the same argument? You would...because you have.

t he was doing well....same as 2011. That's what consistent playing time leads to.

Its awesome that you say small sample size after he hits for a month, when all of your opinions are based off of his stats from last april, and a handful of sporatic at bats after. Its cool if you don't want to admit you were wrong. But continuing to bash the guy just to argue with a bunch of strangers on the internet is pretty pointless isn't it?

The hell? Conger's bat is much better than Bourjos'. What you're seeing now is playing catcher + hitting. It's all good. I'm out of this discussion. Gotta go to work lol In the meantime, get on that treadmill.

Bourjos Career Batting Statistics:  253 BA,  307 OB, 407 SLG, 714 OPS

Conger's Career Statistics:    207 BA,  283 OB, 337 SLG, 620 OPS

Where do you get that Conger is a much better hitter than Bourjos.  Yes, I know Conger's number's are low due to sample size, but the same can be said about Bourjos.  

Bourjos Career Batting Statistics: 253 BA, 307 OB, 407 SLG, 714 OPS

Conger's Career Statistics: 207 BA, 283 OB, 337 SLG, 620 OPS

Where do you get that Conger is a much better hitter than Bourjos. Yes, I know Conger's number's are low due to sample size, but the same can be said about Bourjos.

Conger's best tool has always been his bat. Its what got him drafted in the first round. If he moved off of catcher his hitting would be much better.

If the guys best tool is a .207 average he really doesn't know the handle from the blade end.

And just one other thing, Conger has never played any position in the minors other than catcher. So the silliness of just making him the 1B/DH shows that Shane is being a clown in this thread.