• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bourjos update

Glen

Conger's best tool has always been his bat. Its what got him drafted in the first round. If he moved off of catcher his hitting would be much better.

IMO he should focus on learning a position other than catcher (1B + LF most likely). In the meantime the angels should call up a Mathis-quality defensive catcher who can call a good game while batting not much worse than .200. Conger should get regular playing time in the meantime as a DH / third catcher.

guys, just ignore mhd.  His goal is to take any thread about Bourjos and derail it.  He will make troll posts, then whine about all the negative responses he gets.  Then the thread will get deleted and he wins.

Just ignore it.

Anybody who has posted on the board long enough knows exactly what MHD does on these boards.  It is the same schtick all the time.  He is a Bourjos Troll.

At catcher. I agree. He is awful at catcher. Its why I believe his best position going forward is 1b/DH.

If Conger can't catch his position going forward will be 'out of baseball' because his bat does not play at any other position on the diamond, let alone first base.

His minor league stats are not very good either.

If Conger can't catch his position going forward will be 'out of baseball' because his bat does not play at any other position on the diamond, let alone first base.

His minor league stats are not very good either.

I disagree.

He battled injuries throughout his minor league career, but his plate discipline is awesome. His approach was very much advanced through his age/level, and he's always shown pop in his bat. The only person I can remember following Hank with me every day over the many forums AW has gone through, is Chuck. I'd love to hear his take on this discussion.

Why would you trade someone cheap and talented that can help the team win?  For every $25 mil per year salary, you need the Trumbos, Trouts, and Bourjos' to complete the line-up.  For God sakes, they actually have Schuck taking a roster space, a guy who couldn't stick with Astros, and starting him.  They have stiffs like Cousins and Romine getting reps.  We need depth...talented, cheap depth who has actually succeeded at the MLB level.  At this point, Conger is now best known for a 3 error game that cost them a victory and is so damn pull happy teams have an Ortiz-shift on for him when he comes up.  

Why would a rebuilding team, which the Marlins clearly are, trade ANY of their pitching prospects? Even for a cost-controlled young center fielder, they are not trading the only thing that gives a suffering fan base any hope whatsoever.