• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bourjos update

Glen

Nothing personal against Pete...I'm sure he's really trying...but the blind faith that his fans have that he is some fantastic baseball player based on one season of results is mind numbing. People argue that the reason why I think he stinks is because he needs more AB's....then when he hits a streak of good fortune I can't use the same argument to say that its just a mirage? Double standards Chuck....double Standards.

The green light comes from the dugout.

None of this would be an issue if Dipoto had traded Bourjos for a starting pitcher in the offseason. Bourjos ain't all that. 1 sb? Way to put your only asset to use Petey!

So, you have nothing to support your trolling. Thanks for joining us today.

Nothing personal against Pete...I'm sure he's really trying...but the blind faith that his fans have that he is some fantastic baseball player based on one season of results is mind numbing. People argue that the reason why I think he stinks is because he needs more AB's....then when he hits a treak of good fortune I can't use the same argument to say that its just a mirage? Double standards Chuck....double Standards.

A gold glove center fielder with extreme range in the outfield, a plus arm, speed on the basepaths that rivals Trout, and a reasonable batting average at MLB minimum salary is not a good fit on this team?

Let me guess, you miss Vernon Wells.

So this is a Scioscia problem? Either way, he's not a good fit for this team.

I've already let it be known many of time that it's starting pitching that I miss. If we didn't have all of those qualities you mentioned, but with a better contact rate, plate discipline, and HR power to all fields in Mike Trout, then yeah, Bourjos would be great for this team.

Small Sample Size....if he wasnt doing well and you'd say he just needs more AB's...wouldnt you be using the same argument? You would...because you have.

Wow Miles, you are back.  I haven't seen you post anything in awhile.  Just curious, do you only post when there is something negative to say about PB?

And as for sample size, please look at the 2010 statistics.  Is that a large enough sample size for you?

So you think JB Shuck and Trout are a better outfield than Bourjos and Trout provided we picked up another AAAA talent pitcher for Bourjos when his stock was down?

I've already let it be known many of time that it's starting pitching that I miss. If we didn't have all of those qualities you mentioned, but with a better contact rate, plate discipline, and HR power to all fields in Mike Trout, then yeah, Bourjos would be great for this team.

What's wrong lifetime?

your statement. Implying that Bourjos is a one dimensional player... Bourjos isn't using his ONLY tool.... Bourjos isn't a good fit for this team....

not quite MHD troll level but still a terrible assessment of Bourjos.

He isn't a good fit for this team. Defense is where his two tools make him great. Give me a pitcher. Read preceding post.

He isn't a good fit for this team. Defense is where his two tools make him great. Give me a pitcher. Read preceding post.

So in your evaluation. He isn't a good player but trading him we would have gotten a good starting pitcher? Love the irony. Bourjos for Matt Cain right? 

Ok, you are back posting hypotheticals about a trade scenario. Since you undervalue Boujos value as an Angels outfielder then you obviously know of a team that had a pitcher to trade for him. A pitcher that would be of greater value to the Angels.

I said his two tools make him great. And that what he brings to the table isn't a necessity for this Angels team but it can't be for another ball club. Reading is fundamental.

I said his two tools make him great. And that what he brings to the table isn't a necessity for this Angels team but it can't be for another ball club. Reading is fundamental.

Our team needs all the defense it can take. His arm is way better suited for center than Johnny Damon I mean Mike Trouts arm. Trumbo is our first baseman and Pujols can't play the field. Conger is fine as a catcher Hester blows as a catcher. Way to make the team worse in your trading standards. I really like the hypothetical of you trading Bourjos for a front line pitcher. Which front of the line pitcher could we trade straight up for Pete? 

Coger as DH? Really you are going to promote the idea of Conger as the 1B/DH?

You need to stop before your keyboard blows up in your hands in protest.

An OF with Trumbo in LF, Trout in CF, and Hamilton in RF allows the Angels to put Conger and Pujols at 1B/DH.  Bring up Hester, send down Cousins. We would have been fine without Bourjos.