• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bourjos update

Glen

Why would a rebuilding team, which the Marlins clearly are, trade ANY of their pitching prospects? Even for a cost-controlled young center fielder, they are not trading the only thing that gives a suffering fan base any hope whatsoever.

This, as well.  It doesn't make sense for either team.

I trust Dipoto's ability to pick pitching prospects.

I trust Dipoto's ability to pick pitching prospects.

So now instead of trading Bourjos for starting pitching that could help the club today. You are trading one of the best CF in the game for pitchers in A and AA who might be able to help this team in 2 or 3 years? LOL ok....I thought you didn't work in hypotheticals?

Considering he's paying Blantana a million a year, I'd be interested to know what you're basing this confidence on?

He would have picked Skaggs in the draft if the Angels had passed him up. Dipoto ultimately got the last laugh getting Skaggs and Corbin in a trade.

Well he did trade for De la Rosa. He drafted Roth, last year.

He would have picked Skaggs in the draft if the Angels had passed him up. Dipoto ultimately got the last laugh getting Skaggs and Corbin in a trade.

Fair enough. .  good points.

And our pitching seems to be improving, so maybe DiPoto's decisions weren't as bad as they looked at first.

So now instead of trading Bourjos for starting pitching that could help the club today. You are trading one of the best CF in the game for pitchers in A and AA who might be able to help this team in 2 or 3 years? LOL ok....I thought you didn't work in hypotheticals?

Just put me on ignore. Its apparent you can't comprehend any of my posts.

A gold glove center fielder with extreme range in the outfield, a plus arm, speed on the basepaths that rivals Trout, and a reasonable batting average at MLB minimum salary is not a good fit on this team?

Let me guess, you miss Vernon Wells.

i know i haven't been around much lately, but when did Petey win a GG?

I've got some free time, explain to me why Bourjos is a better hitter than Conger (going forward).

Bouros has had more success than Conger on the major league level.  So until Conger comes close to Bourjos you have no weight arguing Conger is better.  Facts are with us, so I would say the burden of disproving the facts is on you.

Or to be quicker to the point, do you think he puts up much better numbers if he moved off of catcher? Its really not close in the power and plate discipline areas.

He probably will improve his numbers, but will he improve it 70+ points?

Is he really a power hitter than will knock in 25+ HRs and bat around 270+?  Hell those numbers aren't really good for a DH or 1B!

We could get multiple pitching prospects from the Marlins for him. Pitching is much more important for the Angels moving forward.

I can probably the biggest PB fan on here; however, if we can multiple pitching prospects of any quality for him then by all means, TRADE HIM.  You would have to be on drugs to not trade him for two good prospects.  I would consider it on one legit major league mid rotation arm.

Now that being said, are you on drugs thinking that PB is not as good as a hitter as Conger, but good enough to get multiple pitching prospects in a trade?