• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Yusmeiro Petit in agreement with Athletics

John Smith

Pretty sure Eppler is either a ) trusting in his ability to pull relievers in out of our farm and off of waivers and b ) may have something lined up in trade that could return a reliever or two. Probably the former.

We were doubtful to be spending on a reliever in the first place barring a trade of one of our bullpen pieces I think.

Edited by ettin

Bummer.

It certainly seems that Eppler doesn't believe in spending on his bullpen, either that or the payroll is more limited than most on here are anticipating. With Eppler's success at finding effective pitchers for cheap I can't blame him. Hopefully those successes will continue. 

It'll be interesting now to see if the Angels non-tender Blake Wood and his $2.2 million contract.

Not sure Billy would have wanted to pay that price, but I would have liked to see Petit back. Maybe not at that price. I agree that its likely Eppler feels good about replicating his success in rounding out the pen cheaply and effectively, but this no doubt increases the need to address the pen in some form this winter.

its going to be tough replacing petit, but i think the reason Billy let him walk was do to the emergence of Paredes, looking at him pitch last year was like petit pitch, they both are similar whit the except of padres having better stuff.  

With an improving Paredes and an Middleton, included to Parker and a healthy Bedrock we may have the best 7-9th inning guys in the AL with Bostons, that's if they pitch to there potential ( Which we've seen)

plus wouldn't be surprised to see Chavez back with us as long reliever.  

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

Petit did a great job last year.  Without question the best year of his career.  At the age of 32.  

Slim chance he repeats that performance.  Strong pass considering there are going to be league min guys with a similar chance to do what we need.  

Agreed.  Eppler has been great at finding undervalued relievers.  I appreciated Petit's contributions last season, but I likewise think it's unlikely to see that same performance from him moving forward, too.  Best of luck to him, but not against us ;)