• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Granderson will be back soon..

Chuck

So the Yankees will have a logjam in the outfield with Wells, Gardner, Granderson and Ichiro in the outfield. They also have Travis Hafner who has been really good so far this season thus far.

With Bourjos out for a while should the Angels approach the Yankees for Gardner or Hafner?

Hafner would be a short term commitment, as he is only signed for one year at $2M. Gardner is signed for $2.85M and he is arbitration eligible next year. If either of them didn't work out, the club wouldn't be on the hook for an expensive long-term contract. I suppose the question is who the Yankees would want in return. That would determine whether either player is worth pursuing. Either would probably help us, and would add needed bench depth when Bourjos returns.

If I had to choose one between the two id choose Gardner. The guy plays hard and the angels need more players like that right now. As far as who we would give up to acquire Gardner, is beyond me.

If they asked for Jimenez, which they could, seeing as we have no farm. Would u pull the trigger?

I wouldn't give up any significant talent. It's not like this team will make a real run at the playoffs this season regardless of who's playing.

I don't believe that the Yankees could ask for much, considering that neither player would be under club control after the end of the 2013 season.

I have a hard time seeing the Yankees trading Gardner at this point, he's probably their centerfielder going forward. And I don't know that the Yankees and Angels match up particularly well anyway, considering how little the Angels they have that they would realistically give up.

Hafner might make more sense, but I don't know that the Yankees would be looking to trade either, though. I don't think it would take a ton of creativity to give ABs to those 5 guys through 4 spots.

I wouldn't give up any significant talent. It's not like this team will make a real run at the playoffs this season regardless of who's playing.

Yeah i agree. Gardner is 5 years older than Lucho, at some point we got to start hanging on to some of these younger guys. Unless this organization is 100% confident in Cowart i dont think i would do it. If we make any trades it needs to be for pitching.

I don't believe that the Yankees could ask for much, considering that neither player would be under club control after the end of the 2013 season.

Gardner is under control for 2014 too.

And there are other teams with bigger needs for a guy like Gardner if made available, as well as more to offer in many cases.

How long is Bourjos expected to be out?

It's been 11 days so far.

Hafner could be insurance if Pujols needs a significant DL stint for his knee and plantar fasciitis, without having to pay him much and not having to give up much possibly. We can use the lefty bat with Hamilton stinking it up so far.