• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels explored RF upgrade.

Second Base

8 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

I did look up his pitch framing stats and I was quite surprised he was near the top. But who knows how accurate those stats are?   I only say "questionable" because  gameday would generally point out many strikes were called balls.   Although the stats say hes very good,  my 2 eyes and gameday say hes not that great.

And I laugh at calls a great game, my god he is unquestionably horrible at that.  Seriously 0-2 on Jay Bruce, Lefty Skaggs on the mound. fastball inside to Jay Bruce on 0-2, fouled off, fastball again inside on 0-2, homerun.  

Give me a break.

8 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Well that settles it then

I feel my argument crumbling around me....

On 11/12/2017 at 8:33 PM, tdawg87 said:

I think Maldonado's defense and game calling caused him to catch as many games as he did.

No idea where you get that Sosh hates Perez.

Well, I just think Maldonado clearly wore down down the stretch of the season. All I'm saying is it'd be nice to have a backup that Scioscia trusts to play more than 15 games next year

On 11/11/2017 at 8:05 PM, tdawg87 said:

I mean, Stanton is an upgrade. Just saying.

Agreed first of all that is about the only outfielder that actually makes sense to trade Kole for.

Also though it could be a move that strengthens us somewhere else. For instance say the Indians were willing to send 3 years of Kipnis plus one year of Cody Allen for Calhoun that would be a fairly equitable trade. Indians get huge 2018 salary relief (Kipnis and Allen are about $23M combined next year) while upgrading in RF for pieces they can replace.

There are just so many permutations it is ridiculous.

Either way Eppler will only trade Calhoun for a clear upgrade or a 2-for-1 deal where he can upgrade in two areas methinks.

12 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

I do value defense quite a lot actually and I love that Eppler is focusing on that when he acquires players.  But Maldonado's defense is solely based on his arm.  He doesnt block pitches well, and his game calling and pitch framing is questionable.   And when you have a team struggling to score runs as badly as the angels are, you cant afford to have an all defense no bat catcher.  The angels specifically need a guy who can defend well, but not a total liability offensively.  

MALDO is a really good defensive catcher, I think his bat will live up to be atleast avg. The only real issue I've seen with him, is felt like he'd call for the same pitcher over a gain. As if he was wasting pitches  or it could have the pitchers called. MOSTLY I saw this with Skagg and Nolscao, they get up 0-2 on a hitter and next three pitch that are called are straight curves(Skaggs) or spit, curve , slider(noslaco) and I felt that could have gotten the hitter out with wasting that many pitches. 

Thne one thing I liked about Juan was that he was a direct attack, no wasting pitches just set up the hitter and than finish him off.

12 hours ago, Stradling said:

Well, since you have never really said a positive word about the Angels, I will assume you see what you want to see.  Maldonado is the best defensive catcher we have had since Bob Boone.  In my opinion he is MUCH better defensively than Molina. 

Then again, you were upset he won the gold glove because he doesn't hit well, so I am not sure what I hope to get out of communicating with you about this topic. 

I say a lot of positive things about the angels probably a lot more than you do, but you dont see it because you choose to only see the critical part.

I've never seen Boone play, but I thought Bengie was the total package with hitting/defense.  I know they dont grow on trees, but it would be great to get another Bengie here again. 

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I would like to get a catcher with Maldonado's defense but with a Piazza type bat.  Who can also pitch in day games after night games (day off of catching).  And for clubhouse purposes is a world class motivational speaker and does like magic or comedy or something.

so...Jeff Mathis

5 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I would like to get a catcher with Maldonado's defense but with a Piazza type bat.  Who can also pitch in day games after night games (day off of catching).  And for clubhouse purposes is a world class motivational speaker and does like magic or comedy or something.

And knows Capoeira!

22 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

And is constantly dating multiple hot models hotter than Kate Upton at the same time, so they are always getting camera time on TV between pitches. .  in Angel tank tops. . .cooing and biting their lip, etc.

Still not funny, please for everyone's sanity - give up already.

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

And is constantly dating multiple hot models hotter than Kate Upton at the same time, so they are always getting camera time on TV between pitches. .  in Angel tank tops. . .cooing and biting their lip, etc.

With some of them sitting next to each other so we can catch them on the kiss cam. . .

(Funny yet?)

On 11/14/2017 at 9:24 AM, JarsOfClay said:

I did look up his pitch framing stats and I was quite surprised he was near the top. But who knows how accurate those stats are?   I only say "questionable" because  gameday would generally point out many strikes were called balls.   Although the stats say hes very good,  my 2 eyes and gameday say hes not that great.

And I laugh at calls a great game, my god he is unquestionably horrible at that.  Seriously 0-2 on Jay Bruce, Lefty Skaggs on the mound. fastball inside to Jay Bruce on 0-2, fouled off, fastball again inside on 0-2, homerun.  

Give me a break.

well, that's a solid amount of evidence to go by. solid work, man.