• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Hot Stove Thread

greginpsca

The thing with Santana is he can only play 1st base. If we signed him, that would probably mean we wouldn't be getting Ohtani because the only way that Ohtani gets at bats (if he is truly going to be a hitter) is if Albert plays first.. Unless we trade Calhoun for pitching?

5 minutes ago, southpaw said:

The thing with Santana is he can only play 1st base. If we signed him, that would probably mean we wouldn't be getting Ohtani because the only way that Ohtani gets at bats (if he is truly going to be a hitter) is if Albert plays first.. Unless we trade Calhoun for pitching?

Santana is a fine contingency and I'm glad the Angels are still interested. Ohtani isn't an Angel (yet) so good to keep the door open. I am also starting to agree with the sense that hitting may not be as critical for Ohtani as has been theorized. Even if he was utilized for as a glorified PH/occasional DH and even more occasional OF/1B, he'd have a shot here. And who knows? Maybe Ohtani wants to play OF 3 times a week and the Angels are the one team willing to take that risk and give him that and they trade Calhoun for a 2B and sign an Austin Jackson type to share RF. We don't really know.

1 hour ago, John Smith said:

i0pzlueT_bigger.jpg Jon MorosiVerified account @jonmorosi 7m7 minutes ago

While #Angels are focused on the Shohei Ohtani pursuit after meeting with him this week, they’re open to adding a corner infielder and remain interested in Carlos Santana, sources say. @MLB @MLBNetwork

Would love to see him signed, and gordon brought over.

Giants general manager Bobby Evans confirmed Wednesday that the Giants have come to terms on a trade for Giancarlo Stanton.

Evans noted that the deal has contingencies, including the largest and most obvious obstacle: Stanton's full no-trade clause. Evans also confirmed that the reigning National League MVP was present for the Giants' presentation on Thursday in Los Angeles, telling the San Francisco Chronicle that he believes both parties came away impressed with the other. Earlier on Wednesday it was reported that San Francisco expects to have a decision from Stanton by the end of the week. It sounds like the Giants are the favorite here, over the Dodgers and Cardinals.
Related: Giants

33 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Giants general manager Bobby Evans confirmed Wednesday that the Giants have come to terms on a trade for Giancarlo Stanton.

Evans noted that the deal has contingencies, including the largest and most obvious obstacle: Stanton's full no-trade clause. Evans also confirmed that the reigning National League MVP was present for the Giants' presentation on Thursday in Los Angeles, telling the San Francisco Chronicle that he believes both parties came away impressed with the other. Earlier on Wednesday it was reported that San Francisco expects to have a decision from Stanton by the end of the week. It sounds like the Giants are the favorite here, over the Dodgers and Cardinals.
Related: Giants

Good...I dont think I could handle Stanton with the Dodgers.

Not sure I like the Carlos Santana fit.  Entering his age 32yo season.   3/45?  sure, but that ain't happening.  Feel like there's gonna be a player or two available at the end of FAcy when the dust settles that could solve our 1b or 3b problem or maybe even 2b like Neil Walker, Logan Morrison, Eduardo Nunez, JJ Hardy, .  Still feel like Eugenio Suarez should be  our primary target at 3b, Hernandez at 2b, Chatwood as SP depth and of course, Ohtani.  Just for kicks, how about we add a kick as closer like Wade Davis.  

Hernandez

Suarez

Trout

Upton

Pujols/Ohtani

Calhoun

Simmons

Valbuena 

Maldonado

Ohtani, Richards, Chatwood, Heaney, Shoe/Skaggs (one would go in the Hernandez deal), Bridwell, Ramirez, Tropeano, Barria

Davis, Parker, Middleton, Bedrosian, Paredes, Wood, Johnson, Noe Ramirez and a couple adds.  Maybe a guy like Jake McGee.  

4 minutes ago, krAbs said:

Cubs beat writter Sahadev is reporting that the cubs have signed Chatwood.

In other news, Chatwoods "real life" stats are much worse than Chatwood's "in my head" stats.

He's been much better on the road than at home in his career, though his walk numbers are an issue

5 minutes ago, krAbs said:

Cubs beat writter Sahadev is reporting that the cubs have signed Chatwood.

In other news, Chatwoods "real life" stats are much worse than Chatwood's "in my head" stats.

Had ZERO interest in Chatwood for three years.  He pitched well outside of Coors, as you'd expect, but, overall, doesn't seem that impressive.

On 12/5/2017 at 7:42 PM, southpaw said:

Yep they said that they could juggle around Pujols to accommodate Ohtani but they certainly can’t juggle around both Pujols and Santana.