• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

9 hours ago, cals said:

I’d like @Kotchmans thoughts on this.

All this talk of reparations has enlightened me. I’m not sure there is another nation in the world where one minority racial demographic has such a negative societal impact. We really shouldn’t hand blacks money but we should consider land. I’m torn as to which southern states have to go but I’m leaning towards handing them 2 or 3 to form the United States of African Americans. We literally missed the boat completing ACS and Liberia. In post civil war hindsight , we would have been better off handing them a few southern states or really fucking Mexico and establishing New Mexico and Arizona as black America. Our forefathers were some of the brightest people in history but their failure to understand African culture cost us.

11 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

All this talk of reparations has enlightened me. I’m not sure there is another nation in the world where one minority racial demographic has such a negative societal impact. We really shouldn’t hand blacks money but we should consider land. I’m torn as to which southern states have to go but I’m leaning towards handing them 2 or 3 to form the United States of African Americans. We literally missed the boat completing ACS and Liberia. In post civil war hindsight , we would have been better off handing them a few southern states or really fucking Mexico and establishing New Mexico and Arizona as black America. Our forefathers were some of the brightest people in history but their failure to understand African culture cost us.

I’m fairly certain that hip hop and African cultures are quite different 

31 minutes ago, Jason said:

I’m fairly certain that hip hop and African cultures are quite different 

Are they? Sub Saharan Africa owns the vast majority of underdeveloped unstable nations. Almost every country there has fought multiple civil wars. Only Chicago and St. Louis can produce this kind of black in black violence. They blame the white man but things have generally went downhill since whitey mostly left. The world mostly ignores it because we still get the natural resources we need and blacks aren’t killing whites except in South Africa. Sounds a whole lot like our inner cities. The dems get the needed black votes and ignore the black in black crime 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Seems like a stretch to get a conviction on this but I guess we’ll see what the DA has for evidence 

My guess is, he's getting charged because he didn't follow safety procedures and never checked the gun.  It'll probably be plead down to a misdemeanor and he'll pay $50.  

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

My guess is, he's getting charged because he didn't follow safety procedures and never checked the gun.  It'll probably be plead down to a misdemeanor and he'll pay $50.  

Yeah. That is a grey area about checking the gun. It is not really the talent's responsibility and they are often told not to do anything more than what was instructed to do. Yes, Baldwin was acting like a child trying to quick draw but the gun was never supposed to have rounds chambered, blank or live.

It is the Armourer that is responsible for all firearms and their condition and there was no permit for live rounds on the set. She has been charged as well and that is where the gavel of Justice should land. 

On 1/19/2023 at 2:46 PM, Blarg said:

Yeah. That is a grey area about checking the gun. It is not really the talent's responsibility and they are often told not to do anything more than what was instructed to do. Yes, Baldwin was acting like a child trying to quick draw but the gun was never supposed to have rounds chambered, blank or live.

It is the Armourer that is responsible for all firearms and their condition and there was no permit for live rounds on the set. She has been charged as well and that is where the gavel of Justice should land. 

Now there are reports that Baldwin had live rounds on his gun belt. That is something he could have easily caught as blanks look entirely different from the real thing. As much as I believe in the importance of always using safe gun handling, I get that there are processes in place for movie sets and it’s different so the charge is a bit much (I’m sure the DA has more evidence than we do). It’s still good for people to have a basic understanding of gun safety