• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017 MLB Playoffs Thread

Ohtaniland

4 minutes ago, Calzone said:

"When I talked to Jerry, I told him the No. 1 selling thing that they have is the fact that you can play with Mike Trout for the next six years or whatever," said Greinke, who met with Dipoto at Angel Stadium in November. "We loved it there. But there's a point where every team has to have a stopping point. They obviously felt that they reached that. And they have to run a business.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Greinke certainly showed interest to extend but maybe he wasn’t impressed with Jerry Dipoto using Mike Trout as the biggest incentive to stay. 

So I was right 

and Jerry didn't use Trout , Greinke did 

but it's good to know that you spent an hour looking for a quote lol 

Edited by Lou

Greinke was never more than a rental to us -- and he wasn't much of a rental as he got hurt his first or second start and by the time he was back in our rotation, the Angels were pretty much out of the race.

Greinke wanted (and got) a boat load of money for a long term deal -- the Halos were never going to be anywhere close to meeting Greinke demands and I think we're all glad they weren't there and didn't --- I've never been a big Greinke fan,   he's not Kershaw, he's not Bumgarner, I'd rather have Robbie Ray of the D-Backs.   Greinke is DL guy in waiting/ and not always waiting that long.

9 hours ago, disarcina said:

still don't like this ONE game and you're in the playoffs format.........should be at least 2 outta 3 like the college world series.

Not fair for the division winners to have to wait so long to start their postseason.