• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dear Tyler Skaggs

tdawg87

3 hours ago, Jason said:

It seems like the pitching has turned for the worst since the arrival of Heaney and Skaggs. It sure felt like it should have been a boost at the time.

They're both coming off major injuries and weren't that great even when healthy. Look at Matt Cain, Matt Harvey, and Tyson Ross as examples of what happens to guys coming back from these types of injuries. Plus they're being thrown right into the heat of a playoff race. We would've been better off adding two more Scribners off the waiver wire. 

On 9/4/2017 at 3:05 PM, Scioscia4MVP said:

I totally see this happening in the future: Skaggs after being released & signs with the Oakland A's: 20-5, 2.32 ERA, 190Ks, 2.60 FIP. The magical Athletics Cap.

Skaggs in the past has shown that he is a competent MLB starter over his past.  He has also shown top of rotation ability.  He has been inconsistent and injuries have prevented him from improving his game.  If we DFA'd him I guarantee you he goes to some team like Oakland and has a break out season.  Won't guarantee he has a breakout career but at least one good season where everyone on this board would say "why the hell did we give up on him".

15 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Skaggs in the past has shown that he is a competent MLB starter over his past.  He has also shown top of rotation ability.  He has been inconsistent and injuries have prevented him from improving his game.  If we DFA'd him I guarantee you he goes to some team like Oakland and has a break out season.  Won't guarantee he has a breakout career but at least one good season where everyone on this board would say "why the hell did we give up on him".

If the Angels view him as a #4 or #5 starter then it should be OK to keep him around. He is not a top of the rotation guy.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

If the Angels view him as a #4 or #5 starter then it should be OK to keep him around. He is not a top of the rotation guy.

he has shown the potential but not the consistency and certainly not the ability to stay injury free.  

I am just saying if he is let go, I am willing to bet he has a break out season and everyone on here will say we were idiots for letting him go.

5 hours ago, stormngt said:

It'll definitely happen if they DFAed him. He'll join Kazmir & Colon as former Angels who pitched better after putting on an Athletics cap.