• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MIke Trout sucks....

11 minutes ago, heRo said:

First of all thank you for a serious reply instead of a defensive reaction and "f u".

This team has a choice to make, and it will determine our fate for a long time. Build around Trout, or don't.  I like cold hard facts and I don't get emotionally invested as much as others seem to when it comes to players.  The facts as I see them:

Trout is a special talent no doubt.

He is no longer the bargain he was.  He'll make 34MM next year.  Probably the highest salary of any position player in the MLB.  Significantly more than even Stanton or Harper. Therefore, he needs to be spectacular.  A player can contribute in ways beyond the bat.  Leadership, charisma, pulling the team together, post season awesomeness, amazing defense......I see none of those with him.  Therefore he needs to generate all his value with his bat and base running.

That being the case,   these yearly slumps need to end.  They're not a drought of a week or two, they're a consistent downward trajectory from July on.

I don't buy the "even when he slump he's really good" argument.  He's making absolutely top dollar, when he gets a new contract it will probably be the largest ever, so this is simply unacceptable.

I find it interesting that there's 32 pages of Pujols bashing because he's not performing as expected, but Trout can slump every year like clockwork and it's A-Ok.

Since you believe in facts please see my previous post!

11 minutes ago, heRo said:

First of all thank you for a serious reply instead of a defensive reaction and "f u".

This team has a choice to make, and it will determine our fate for a long time. Build around Trout, or don't.  I like cold hard facts and I don't get emotionally invested as much as others seem to when it comes to players.  The facts as I see them:

Trout is a special talent no doubt.

He is no longer the bargain he was.  He'll make 34MM next year.  Probably the highest salary of any position player in the MLB.  Significantly more than even Stanton or Harper. Therefore, he needs to be spectacular.  A player can contribute in ways beyond the bat.  Leadership, charisma, pulling the team together, post season awesomeness, amazing defense......I see none of those with him.  Therefore he needs to generate all his value with his bat and base running.

That being the case,   these yearly slumps need to end.  They're not a drought of a week or two, they're a consistent downward trajectory from July on.

I don't buy the "even when he slump he's really good" argument.  He's making absolutely top dollar, when he gets a new contract it will probably be the largest ever, so this is simply unacceptable.

I find it interesting that there's 32 pages of Pujols bashing because he's not performing as expected, but Trout can slump every year like clockwork and it's A-Ok.

Sorry but you are a complete fucking idiot.  He is the very best player in the league and it isn't even close.  You trying to down play that shows just how ignorant you are.  

4 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I mean to be fair he actually does suck right now. He certainly picked a great time to have his worst slump of the year.

True, but no matter when he slumps the entire offense will go with him.

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I think this is the first time this year he's gone two consecutive games without a hit. 

Before this game, yes. Now he is hitless for a third consecutive game. He is walking a lot still but walks are kind of boring. I want to see pitchers not being little girls out there and give Trout good pitches to hit.

22 minutes ago, Billy_Ball said:

He channeled his inner Pujols with the bases loaded.  He's better than that.

Pressing for sure. Hes slumping the same time as the rest of the team, and id imagine a situation like that, he probably feels a bit compelled to be "the hero".

Hes been ugly for sure. Regardless of how good he is, hes been bad the last few games. But it sure as hell doesnt help when the rest of the team is asleep, too.

I hate stupid fucking threads like this. Jesus Christ its a long fucking season. Every single player in the history of baseball goes through a fucking slump. Get over it. He's going to have horrible stretches. He's going to have amazing streaks. I'm drunk. I hate threads like this. I'll get a like or two, I'll get quoted and told that I'm stupid blah blah blah...who fucking cares. Baseball is a streaky game. He's still the best player in baseball. He's still Mike fucking Trout. and this is still a stupid thread. 

1 minute ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I hate stupid fucking threads like this. Jesus Christ its a long fucking season. Every single player in the history of baseball goes through a fucking slump. Get over it. He's going to have horrible stretches. He's going to have amazing streaks. I'm drunk. I hate threads like this. I'll get a like or two, I'll get quoted and told that I'm stupid blah blah blah...who fucking cares. Baseball is a streaky game. He's still the best player in baseball. He's still Mike fucking Trout. and this is still a stupid thread. 

Whoooosh

1 hour ago, JustATroutFan said:

Before this game, yes. Now he is hitless for a third consecutive game. He is walking a lot still but walks are kind of boring. I want to see pitchers not being little girls out there and give Trout good pitches to hit.

All the pitchers dumb enough to do that are wearing the same uniform that Trout is wearing

1 minute ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

That's what a Trout slump looks like. He still gets on at high rate.

The problem is the abyss behind him (starting with albert, but continuing after) doesnt drive him in anyway. So though its great hes still getting his walks, the team is lost without him hitting.

(And i dont say that as a negative towards trout)