• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Salas is back

John Smith

12 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

I still blame Fernando Salas for derailing the 2014 Angels in the first round.

Really? I blame the entire Angels offense for not showing up. They scored a total of 6 runs over three games with almost no contributions from Trout or Pujols. Salas was tagged with the loss in game one in the 11th inning after the Angels bats did absolutely nothing since the 5th. 

30 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Really? I blame the entire Angels offense for not showing up. They scored a total of 6 runs over three games with almost no contributions from Trout or Pujols. Salas was tagged with the loss in game one in the 11th inning after the Angels bats did absolutely nothing since the 5th. 

I didn't say it was reasonable to blame him. Pitching is the name of the game in the playoffs. Our pitchers got the job done in game one, except Salas.

Kansas City and the Angels will be tied for the second wild card at the end of the season, then Salas will come in to face Moustakas in a 1-1 game in the 12th inning. Boom.

This board will self-destruct and it will be days before Chuck can get it back up and operating again.

Edited by fan_since79

7 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

I didn't say it was reasonable to blame him. Pitching is the name of the game in the playoffs. Our pitchers got the job done in game one, except Salas.

He was the fifth damn pitcher in the game. What were your expectations, the Angels relievers roll up 10 blank innings waiting for the offense to string two hits together?

Salas didn't derail anything, the Angels offense never left the depot.

12 minutes ago, Blarg said:

He was the fifth damn pitcher in the game. What were your expectations, the Angels relievers roll up 10 blank innings waiting for the offense to string two hits together?

Salas didn't derail anything, the Angels offense never left the depot.

11 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

It never even boarded the train.

It never even caught the shuttle over to the station.

Actually, if he is a September call up and provide some pen depth for those games when we fall behind early and big -- perhaps he can eat up some mop up innings and save some other arms for competitive games............every team can use a pen guy for that role.

Salas won't be on the post-season roster and there's a few extra seats in the bullpen.

and at opposing team parks he can help protect pitchers warming up at parks where the pen is down the foul line..........

5 hours ago, Billy_Ball said:

Meanwhile, Kirby Yates is

42 IP, 33 H, 13 BB, 65 SO, 3.86 ERA, 1.10 WHIP for the Padres

I think those are better numbers than Salad.

Since Eppler seemingly knew what he was doing when he picked up Yates (and Ramirez and Bridwell and Hernandez and Norris and Parker), I might give him the benefit of the doubt that Salas might find whatever he had last year for the Mets and Angels.....if he can't find it, you don't bring him up....and you aren't out anything....

On August 19, 2017 at 8:17 PM, tdawg87 said:

He K's the side on 9 pitches and Sosh is congratulated for his superior bullpen management.

And Angelswin message board explodes from posters bitching about Scioscia's horrible bullpen management