• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I'm Going To Say It....

16 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Kinsler would be a nice move ... it makes perfect sense

Of course, it depends upon the cost. He has a team option for next year so he could be more than a rental. Yes, he's better than what we have but he's having an off year. Proceed with caution.

11 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Meyer is not even playing long toss. He is weeks away.

Ok...so September?  Around the same time Richards may return?  It is still a positive.  

Also, with Heaney coming back, that means the Angels will have Skaggs, Heaney, Bridwell and Ramirez as four of the five starters.  That will be the strongest four they have had going at the same time all year.  Add in the possibility of Scribner playing a part in the rotation and things look very positive for the last two months of the season.

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Beginning to see why the Twins just about gave away Meyer, seems to be injury prone to go with the command issues.

Think about it, dude is already 27 with limited MLB innings.

He's obviously got issues but the upside is tremendous as he's shown this year. Angels still win that trade once Nolasco is gone from the team

You're not going to get a perfect pitcher for Hector Santiago. Eppler went with the upside which is a smart move, and paid off this year. Hopefully he can come back in September and make a few starts down the stretch

57 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Remember when it was reported that Meyer's injury wasn't a big deal, that he'd probably just miss 1-2 starts? 

Good times! 

I don't believe that was reported this time. That was with his back, which did turn out to be minor. 

Anyway, until he gets to a mound, I wouldn't pencil him in at all. 

5 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I don't believe that was reported this time. That was with his back, which did turn out to be minor. 

Anyway, until he gets to a mound, I wouldn't pencil him in at all. 

I was referring to this tweet. I thought I saw that he'd just miss a start or two, but "relatively quick" return for the Angels pitchers could be months. 

Mike Scioscia says Alex Meyer had an MRI and the tests encourage them that he can be back relatively quickly. #Angels

30 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I was referring to this tweet. I thought I saw that he'd just miss a start or two, but "relatively quick" return for the Angels pitchers could be months. 

Mike Scioscia says Alex Meyer had an MRI and the tests encourage them that he can be back relatively quickly. #Angels

Apparently Scioscia meant 'relatively' in comparison to Skaggs / Heaney / Richards / Shoemaker

5 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

In my five bold predictions to begin the year, I predicted the Angels would make the playoffs. I'm feeling pretty good about that right now. They're playing good baseball. I mean if you can beat a division rival with Ricky Nolasco on the mound and trailing by four runs in the sixth inning, you're rolling along.

It helps when your team finally gets hot at the plate and starts getting back some key pitchers.  It is coming together.