• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2017 Angels Trade Deadline Thread

DMVol

3 minutes ago, floplag said:

I predict a very nothing afternoon in regard to the Angels, and i will not be happy about it.  

why? Angels have nothing of real value, so it's not like the have the pieces to get significant players in return. Maybe they can get a Terry Evans type, or a low A upside kind of person...but they don't have the pieces to remake the franchise this deadline.

Just now, red321 said:

why? Angels have nothing of real value, so it's not like the have the pieces to get significant players in return. Maybe they can get a Terry Evans type, or a low A upside kind of person...but they don't have the pieces to remake the franchise this deadline.

Yep. All they really have to offer are some middling relievers which isn't gonna net you much in return

I would like to see them trade Escobar but that doesn't sound likely

7 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Yep. All they really have to offer are some middling relievers which isn't gonna net you much in return

I would like to see them trade Escobar but that doesn't sound likely

What contending team needs a third baseman? Not sure there are teams breaking down the door desperate for a defensively challenged third baseman with an average to slightly above average bat.

Just now, CanadianHalo said:

"At least one of"...

Trade them all dammit

Yep....trading one doesn't exactly move the needle.....Not sure if any team fits the description but I'd package two together to a team that needs more than one bullpen piece, the way the A's did with the Nats....

Surprised that the Astros haven't added ANY bullpen pieces.   They aren't very deep there.   There is still August, though.

Right now though, the Indians pen has it ALL over the Astros pen.   If Kipnis and Salazar can return, do not count out the Indians getting back to the WS. 

3 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Yep....trading one doesn't exactly move the needle.....Not sure if any team fits the description but I'd package two together to a team that needs more than one bullpen piece, the way the A's did with the Nats....

Nothing the Angels do will "move the needle," unless they traded Trout or Simmons.

5 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Surprised that the Astros haven't added ANY bullpen pieces.   They aren't very deep there.   There is still August, though.

Right now though, the Indians pen has it ALL over the Astros pen.   If Kipnis and Salazar can return, do not count out the Indians getting back to the WS. 

Apparently Liriano is going to the pen. 

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Nothing the Angels do will "move the needle," unless they traded Trout or Simmons.

Probably not.....best chance would be a package of 2/3 guys....None of the expiring contract guys will bring much back alone...

28 minutes ago, red321 said:

There are other possible deals we could make, such as taking on Dee Gordon salary.  The game isnt limited to  trading prospects.  
Not to mention possibly moving Escobar or others.
Regardless i dont see anything of consequence happening.  Front office is too terrified to make a mistake right now so they are letting the team flounder   

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I don't understand some people's love for Gordon!  Please noooooooooo! :)

And i dont understand a team throwing away years unnecessarily.  

No Gordon isnt an all star but hes reasonably priced, a shit ton better than what we have and makes the team better tomorrow than it is today, isnt that the goal?  Cowart makes Escobar expendable if he keep up the progress by years end.  

What else do we actually have thats going to be better in the next 2-3 years or have we just written those off already?  

Doesnt matter, im sure you are right.  We will do nothing, most here will be happy with the 5 year plan and keep cheering the LA Trouts. 

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

There are other possible deals we could make, such as taking on Dee Gordon salary.  The game isnt limited to  trading prospects.  
Not to mention possibly moving Escobar or others.
Regardless i dont see anything of consequence happening.  Front office is too terrified to make a mistake right now so they are letting the team flounder   

Without going into is taking on the salary of someone like Dee Gordon wise to being with...those type of deals (two non contending clubs) would usually happen during the offseason. Especially when it has the ability to impact the luxury tax...not sure where the Angels are, but pretty sure they aren't going to risk going over the threshold to lock up 3rd place in the division.  As mentioned elsewhere...you can move Escobar, but is there really a market for a bad glove/average hitting thirdbase man. What contending clubs need a thirdbase man?

Just now, red321 said:

Without going into is taking on the salary of someone like Dee Gordon wise to being with...those type of deals (two non contending clubs) would usually happen during the offseason. Especially when it has the ability to impact the luxury tax...not sure where the Angels are, but pretty sure they aren't going to risk going over the threshold to lock up 3rd place in the division.  As mentioned elsewhere...you can move Escobar, but is there really a market for a bad glove/average hitting thirdbase man. What contending clubs need a thirdbase man?

They hapen when they make sense, MIA wants to shed payroll now or he wouldn't even be in play.  Otherwise i would agree but as usual they are playing the profit sharing game more than the baseball game.  

Gordon is signed for 2 more years i think. maybe 3.  This isnt about this year, its about the next few and bridging the gap till the farm produces something and stopping the carousel weve had at far too many spots due to clean peanut rotating.

Ideal. no, but then nothing ever will be for this board.