• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Creative and aggressive trade target: Anthony Rendon

• 6 months later...
1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

Yes definitely one of my less impressive rose-colored ridiculously unrealistically optimistic ideas.

Sometimes you just really want a particular player.

I must live with my embarrassing moments.

haha. we all have them.

i think Archer has you beat on the embarrassment scale, however 

• 1 year later...
On 7/12/2017 at 9:31 AM, AngelArcher said:

I don't think it's that far fetched. A package starting with Bedrosian, Norris, and Escobar I think would at least get conversations started. 

On 7/12/2017 at 3:41 PM, AngelArcher said:

People have seem to given Rendon credit as an elite level player even though he's only done it for 1/2 a season. Yes he's had good seasons before, but nothing like this. Face it, offense has been up overall with many players having breakout seasons.(for some reason this doesn't apply for the Angels)

If you're going to view him as that player, you also have to view Bedrosian as an elite reliever. What he's done last year and this year rivals most top end relievers. He's also club controlled for 2 more years than Rendon. With all that said, him alone obviously won't get it done because Rendon plays 3rd base. 

Closers are getting paid ridiculous money now a days and the Nats could be getting one(plus more) that's club controlled for years. I think the Nats should be at least intrigued by that. 

hi @m0nkey!

Obviously I have been a Rendon fan for a long time.  It is incredibly nice to have this guy on my favorite team that I always thought would be perfect.  The reality is one reason I always liked him a so much is because of the black hole at 3B and how great it would be to 100% solve that.

The guy is a stud and a gamer.  

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Obviously I have been a Rendon fan for a long time.  It is incredibly nice to have this guy on my favorite team that I always thought would be perfect.  The reality is one reason I always liked him a so much is because of the black hole at 3B and how great it would be to 100% solve that.

The guy is a stud and a gamer.  

First time the 3B problem has been long term solved by a legit third baseman in years. Maybe since Glaus. 

On 7/12/2017 at 10:30 PM, Dochalo said:

If we are talking about moving Bedrosian for a young, club controlled star then I can handle that.  But that's a tough matchup consider that anyone in need of Bedrosian is likely thinking playoffs and wouldn't want to pull from their major league roster.  If, however, Miami wants to talk a Yelich trade, then I am down.  But that likely starts with Jones, Barria, Grayson Long and someone like an Elvin Rodriguez or Jose Castillo.  

we should've made this trade when we had a chance.  

Dtwncbad was way ahead of his time.  Like him I always liked Rendon as well.  Never in a million years did I believe that we could ever have him on the Angels.  He was like one of those shinny objects that kind of jumps around in your vision, but then you shut it down as just a mirage.  After Strasburg and Cole signed, I still thought it was a million miles away, more improbable actually.  Needless to say, I about fell over when it was announced that the deal was done.  For me that is the greatest moment in Angels Hot Stove history.  And it happened only about 24 hours after the Cole misery.  Trout and Rendon are perfect positional players in my book, we are really lucky.