• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Creative and aggressive trade target: Anthony Rendon

Just now, Blarg said:

For just one second would you all just flip the tables and say we are giving up a stud third baseman with two years of control for relief pitchers.

That would relieve such a warm response.  

Not my first choice of course.  But the whole idea was born out of the pretty unique situation where the Nats are just flat out grossly stacked.  Most teams would never trade a stud because they likely only have one or two or maybe three beast bats.

The Nats this year are just loaded.

It ain't happening but there has to be some levelmof being offensively loaded where you consider trading from strength. . .

If they also had two more beasts would they trade one?

Okay let's try this for some recent history about trading one of your studs on offense for pitching during a playoff run.

Cespedes for Samardzija. How well did that work out for the A's? 

It would work out worse for Washington because you are talking relief pitchers. 

2 hours ago, Lou said:

Yes, a lights out bullpen. Last year the Cubs traded for Chapman and the Indians acquired Miller.

That's a far cry from anyone we can send them 

Yep, Bedrosian, Norris, and Parker are all no Chapman or Miller.   None of those three dominates an inning likes Chapman or Miller can.

And of course those three even as a group are not equivalent to a slick fielding 3B who has emerged as a big time bat in the Nats order.  

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Yep, Bedrosian, Norris, and Parker are all no Chapman or Miller.   None of those three dominates an inning likes Chapman or Miller can.

But are the likes of Chapman and Miller available this year?

The targeted arms will be the best available, not always like Chapman and Miller.

Fair?

So even if we say the Angels can't get Rendon, go after somebody that will be a contributor.

I personally would rather have my bullpen be my assignment for improvement in the off-season over having a glaring hole in an everyday position.

So I'm fine trading bullpen arms to a contender for something thatbaddreases a hole in the everyday lineup.

People have seem to given Rendon credit as an elite level player even though he's only done it for 1/2 a season. Yes he's had good seasons before, but nothing like this. Face it, offense has been up overall with many players having breakout seasons.(for some reason this doesn't apply for the Angels)

If you're going to view him as that player, you also have to view Bedrosian as an elite reliever. What he's done last year and this year rivals most top end relievers. He's also club controlled for 2 more years than Rendon. With all that said, him alone obviously won't get it done because Rendon plays 3rd base. 

Closers are getting paid ridiculous money now a days and the Nats could be getting one(plus more) that's club controlled for years. I think the Nats should be at least intrigued by that. 

2 minutes ago, AngelArcher said:

People have seem to given Rendon credit as an elite level player even though he's only done it for 1/2 a season. Yes he's had good seasons before, but nothing like this. Face it, offense has been up overall with many players having breakout seasons.(for some reason this doesn't apply for the Angels)

If you're going to view him as that player, you also have to view Bedrosian as an elite reliever. What he's done last year and this year rivals most top end relievers. He's also club controlled for 2 more years than Rendon. With all that said, him alone obviously won't get it done because Rendon plays 3rd base. 

Closers are getting paid ridiculous money now a days and the Nats could be getting one(plus more) that's club controlled for years. I think the Nats should be at least intrigued by that. 

It doesn't help that close to $50 million is tied up in 2017 on a washed-up has been who hasn't played much since August 2014 plus a former king of hitters who now sports a mid 600s OPS.  Didn't leave much towards bringing in someone solid to man 1B amongst other things.   They guessed right on a LF (Maybin), but grossly guessed wrong on Valnobuena.

Plus, earth to CRONic bad bat!    WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sick of Cron. . .I don't hate him or anything stupid like that but my personal patience is expired with him.

If even for a moment of fun to read about an Angel trade, I hope they move him.

The only thing he consistently hits is my friends personal trainer.

Good riddance.

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

If the one weakness on your club was late inning relief. YES. 

No, Chuck. You don't let go of your coat controlled stud 3rd baseman. That is gross overpay for a reliever that contributes about 1/3 of the games for one inning. 

You pick up relievers with prospects not top performing daily players. 

41 minutes ago, Blarg said:

No, Chuck. You don't let go of your coat controlled stud 3rd baseman. That is gross overpay for a reliever that contributes about 1/3 of the games for one inning. 

You pick up relievers with prospects not top performing daily players. 

Look at what was given for 1 inning guy last year for the Indians, Cubs & Yankees.

53 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

A bunch of prospects?

Yep. But we're giving young active guys and a formidable replacement in Escobar. 

Honestly,  I'm not even in favor of this deal. I wwas just sticking up for the OP.

He's a good player, but him alone isn't going to bring us to the promise land. Unless his hair counted. 

9 hours ago, Brent Maguire said:

Rendon has been one of the best players in baseball this year. There is zero chance a World Series contender trades one of their best players for relief help. 

Its just to start talks. If they play hard ball, we offer up espinoza. But obviously we'll want some money back.

If we are talking about moving Bedrosian for a young, club controlled star then I can handle that.  But that's a tough matchup consider that anyone in need of Bedrosian is likely thinking playoffs and wouldn't want to pull from their major league roster.  If, however, Miami wants to talk a Yelich trade, then I am down.  But that likely starts with Jones, Barria, Grayson Long and someone like an Elvin Rodriguez or Jose Castillo.  

7 hours ago, AngelArcher said:

If you're going to view him as that player, you also have to view Bedrosian as an elite reliever. What he's done last year and this year rivals most top end relievers.

He's only pitched 16 innings this year. 

7 hours ago, AngelArcher said:

Elite closers are getting paid ridiculous money. 

11 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

After all, I put in the title of the thread both the words creative and aggressive. . .

I'm not sure I would call it aggressive. If they called Eppy with that trade proposal, Bedrosian, Norris and Escobar would be in Washington before the Nats GM could hang up the phone. 

14 minutes ago, Lou said:

He's only pitched 16 innings this year. 

Which is starting to validate what he did last year, elite back end reliever. Rendon has been elite for 1/2 season. Talk in this thread would make one assume he's on Arrenado, Bryant, Machado, Donaldson level. He's not.