• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A Challenge

Name as many Phillies as you can without looking. Now I must admit that my baseball knowledge is greatly reduced from 10+ years ago, but I couldn't think of a single one. When I looked at the team page I recognized about a dozen names, including one ex-Angel, but I couldn't name before looking.

This speaks both to my reduced baseball knowledge, but also...well, the Phillies. Must suck to be a phan.

Howie Kendrick, Tommy Joseph, Maikel Franco, J.P. Crawford (? not sure about this one), Tommy Pham, Randal Grichuk, Aaron Nola, Pat Neshek ... I must admit though that I recently looked at their depth chart for the Trade Deadline series so it is kind of cheating before the fact.

29 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Johnny Callison, Jim Bunning, Chris Short, Richie Allen, Tony Taylor, Cookie Rojas, Bobby Wine, Tony Gonzalez, Wes Covington, Clay Dalrymple.

I did that from memory. My 1964 Phillies. On their way to the World Series until the collapse in late September.

You forgot that Gene Mauch was their manager.

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Odubel Herrera is interesting too. And Cesar Hernandez.

I could be wrong but I think I heard that Herrera has been benched once or twice because he's doing whatever he wants to do on the base path? 

But yeah, all 3 would for sure be worth kicking the tires on if the Phillies are basically giving them away

7 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

I could be wrong but I think I heard that Herrera has been benched once or twice because he's doing whatever he wants to do on the base path? 

But yeah, all 3 would for sure be worth kicking the tires on if the Phillies are basically giving them away

Wouldn't surprise me. He's been really disappointing this year but he was a Rule V pick originally if I recall and stuck right off the bat, so he was rushed. Phils signed him to an extension early on so he's under contract for awhile, but at an affordable amount. They have chingos of OF prospects to play with so he may be someone they'd part with, and he'd fit well as a Maybin-esque type player in LF.

10 hours ago, ettin said:

Howie Kendrick, Tommy Joseph, Maikel Franco, J.P. Crawford (? not sure about this one), Tommy Pham, Randal Grichuk, Aaron Nola, Pat Neshek ... I must admit though that I recently looked at their depth chart for the Trade Deadline series so it is kind of cheating before the fact.

Pham and Grichuk are Cardinals. Nice try!!