• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Danny Espinosa

When we grabbed him in the offseason, i honestly had high hopes hed be a sleeper fave. Not that hed be a stud, but i figured plus defense (which hes provided), with a low BA but decent OBP and pop. Giavotella with a glove, more power less contact basically. Not a guy other fans would care about, but a suprise bat in the back of the order.

Dear god has he been bad. Love his glove, but his bat is brutal.

28 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Please just make it stop.

He's in for the season.  They love his D and they are trying to mix and match with Pennington and Franklin around him...But he's not going anywhere....

13 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

I see a much bigger black hole at first base and DH. The end of the order doesn't worry me as much ... especially now that we're carrying 3 middle infielders to choose from.

Theoretically it shouldn't be that hard to find a first basemen / DH that can hit at at a league average rate. The real issue is pretending Albert can still carry a team.

9 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Theoretically it shouldn't be that hard to find a first basemen / DH that can hit at at a league average rate. The real issue is pretending Albert can still carry a team.

I don't think anyone actually believes he can still carry a team. It comes down to do you want the team to buy?  They obviously don't have the piece in house.  Let's play line up optimization, who bats fourth when Trout comes back, assuming we aren't buyers?  Escobar?  Calhoun?  Simmons?  Albert has been bad, but he's been better than Cron, Marte and Valbuena, the internal options.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I don't think anyone actually believes he can still carry a team. It comes down to do you want the team to buy?  They obviously don't have the piece in house.  Let's play line up optimization, who bats fourth when Trout comes back, assuming we aren't buyers?  Escobar?  Calhoun?  Simmons?  Albert has been bad, but he's been better than Cron, Marte and Valbuena, the internal options.  

I think escobar is batting 4th right now to be the second leadoff man after albert....

Its a waste, but id almost bat trout 4th, with escobar 3rd. I know escobar doesnt get the love around here, but he knows how to get on base and is a good contact guy. He might be good to get more at bats with maybin leading off.

Then again he may also prosper from trout on base in front of him.

Either way, albert needs to be moved down in the order...

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Well he is still batting third, and it's probably hard to justify him batting anywhere north of 6th. Contracts aside, given their production and the number of at bats they've had most teams would have moved on from Valbuena and Pujols at this point. I don't think Marte and Cron have been given a fair shake, though Marte's AAA performance makes that seem reasonable. The team probably wouldn't have to give up much to get a first basemen with positive war. I don't think they are at that point yet, but it's past time they made some kind of a change because just expecting things to improve isn't going to be the solution.

Perhaps in the offseason we will see them revisit 1B with an eye toward a lot term solution. Now is not the right time to make a big move though.

44 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I think escobar is batting 4th right now to be the second leadoff man after albert....

Its a waste, but id almost bat trout 4th, with escobar 3rd. I know escobar doesnt get the love around here, but he knows how to get on base and is a good contact guy. He might be good to get more at bats with maybin leading off.

Then again he may also prosper from trout on base in front of him.

Either way, albert needs to be moved down in the order...

Albert at third is pretty hard to swallow... him at 4th is probably worse. At third he is that huge double play risk who isn't hitting. At 4th he is that guy who clogs the bases if he gets on, or more likely, leads off the inning with an out. In some ways Scioscia batting him third is a good way of mitigating the problem without having to go through the emotional drama that comes with moving him down to 6th (which is probably the most ideal spot now).