• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday:6/28/17 Evil Empire @ Angels

Just now, Dave Saltzer said:

The ending to this game reminded me of that game against the A's we lost when Molina threw the ball back over the head of K-Rod. I've been searching for the video of that, but my phone is almost out of juice. Can any of you find that?

Sure, how soon do you need it?  Is 2023 good enough?

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I had to work tonight so I didn't see the game.  My joke was because the winning run for the Angels scored on a passed ball.  Lots of people get passed ball and wild pitches confused. 

Think of it this way, passed balls are what you deposit in the toilet after eating lots of beans.  Wild pitches are when you approach a female you have never seen before and say "I think we've met before, what's your name and phone number again?"

For the record I wasn't sitting on the toilet when this game ended.  It took me 10 minutes to comprehend what had happened, and I was sitting on a sofa in front of a 60" TV, and watching with a lot of concentration.

14 minutes ago, Dave Saltzer said:

The ending to this game reminded me of that game against the A's we lost when Molina threw the ball back over the head of K-Rod. I've been searching for the video of that, but my phone is almost out of juice. Can any of you find that?

That game was Aug 11 2005...can't find any video of it though.

1 hour ago, Dave Saltzer said:

No.

And don't ask again.

1 hour ago, Dave Saltzer said:

And you mentioning that just reminded me of the one where molina threw the ball behind him to franky who got the guy trying to score from 3rd....same faves, opposite ends of the spectrum.

5 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

And you mentioning that just reminded me of the one where molina threw the ball behind him to franky who got the guy trying to score from 3rd....same faves, opposite ends of the spectrum.

man that was such an awesome play.  probably my favorite single non world series play ever as an Angels fan.  Thanks for bringing back the memory.

Edited by UndertheHalo

Was at game last night. About 60/40 in favor of Angels fans but it did get loud when Grandal hit that HR. Nothing like a walk off like that though. Laughing as I'm walking out. Good times. Meyer got squeezed a few times but hr was def wildly effective. Bellinger looks more like Bell rung up...6k's in 9 AB's vs Angels...

8 hours ago, Dave Saltzer said:

I was at that game with my brother, who I was visiting in the Bay area. We were sitting behind third base and that play seemed to unfold in slow motion... Jason Kendall running down the third base line and the ball trickling away from the mound and in no-man's land between the pitcher and the shortstop. Horrible ending. There are pictures but video? I don't know.

I just think it took Maybin a while to realize the ball got past the catcher. AFter all, it was a passed ball and didnt hit the ground before hitting the catcher's mitt. It wasnt a lack of hustle, it was just an unusual play. Once he realized it was beyond the catcher he ran hard UNTIL he saw the throw passing him. Then, he let up, figuring the ball would be caught. Just a very unusual play.

One thing's for sure. Grandal might have had the most memorable ninth inning in MLB history. Hitting a game-tying HR on the 3-2 pitch with two outs...........and then committing a PB and throwing error on the same play that leads to a walk-off win for the other club is doubly memorable.