• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sean Newcomb

23 hours ago, eligrba said:

Magic 8 ball says it looks good.

He will be missed......every 5th day.  I am glad the Angels have Andrelton who plays every day.

This is the answer.

Newcomb looks good so far but we got an everyday player for him that plays a premier position at a very high level.

Sure we could use him in the rotation but we had no one to play SS and we got a very good one.

I have to admit that when the trade was made I thought we got the short end but I quickly changed my mind.

41 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Yes and I also remember that we were a very healthy 48-34 team after the first 82 games. 

Answer honestlty....if trout was healthy, and we had at keast half of our intended starting lineup, do you think this team is really that bad?

Its obvious even healthy, they arent the astros. But theyre also (healthy) not far off from the next tier of teams behind houston in the AL.

Their defense and bullpen can match anyone. Trout and the offense is thin on depth, but they do have enough pieces to improve at a spot or two. SP is the problem...and everyone is hurt. Thats not the fault of arte, eppler, or sosh.

This isnt 2016, calzone. Theyve built a solid team.

9 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Answer honestlty....if trout was healthy, and we had at keast half of our intended starting lineup, do you think this team is really that bad?

Its obvious even healthy, they arent the astros. But theyre also (healthy) not far off from the next tier of teams behind houston in the AL.

Their defense and bullpen can match anyone. Trout and the offense is thin on depth, but they do have enough pieces to improve at a spot or two. SP is the problem...and everyone is hurt. Thats not the fault of arte, eppler, or sosh.

Don't bother asking him a question like this.  I asked him a question that he still hasn't answered from a week ago in the next ten games thread.  He doesn't want to discuss things like this, he wants to share his opinion and wants us to take it at face value.   

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Don't bother asking him a question like this.  I asked him a question that he still hasn't answered from a week ago in the next ten games thread.  He doesn't want to discuss things like this, he wants to share his opinion and wants us to take it at face value.   

Ok here's my opinion. The team is playing some solid defense and they're running the bases. We don't have much power and our frontline pitching is very thin. It's all about sustainability and when the dust settles I think they will run out of options.

Simmons has been great, Maldonado has been great but he's already caught more games than he ever has. Maybin had also played well but he relaxes at times. Albert is just a milestoner that has no business hitting in an everyday lineup. People here always ask who could you replace him with so it kinda answers the broader question about how deep we are not. We have a dead body in the middle of the order.

Its been a decent run but we're going to run out of gas and Arte is not going to increase the budget to fix it this season. 

9 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Ok here's my opinion. The team is playing some solid defense and they're running the bases. We don't have much power and our frontline pitching is very thin. It's all about sustainability and when the dust settles I think they will run out of options.

Simmons has been great, Maldonado has been great but he's already caught more games than he ever has. Maybin had also played well but he relaxes at times. Albert is just a milestoner that has no business hitting in an everyday lineup. People here always ask who could you replace him with so it kinda answers the broader question about how deep we are not. We have a dead body in the middle of the order.

Its been a decent run but we're going to run out of gas and Arte is not going to increase the budget to fix it this season. 

Saturday Night Live snl saturday night live 2000s rachel dratch GIF

17 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

That's easy to say Chuck but it's my belief that we are still unwinding the Dipoto disaster and we don't have the horses. I'm a Debbie Downer as much as you are a Wishful Thinker but let's check back in August.

I'm not a wishful thinker. I'm a fan that enjoys the game, one game at a time. There are no guarantees in baseball even with a all-star type, high payroll roster. There is also many surprises along the way. That's the enjoyment I get out of it. 

The fact that these guys have played really well without Trout is very encouraging. 

Combine that with the fact that if we didn't have all the gnarly injuries this year, we could be battling the Astros for 1st place right now. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/5/2017 at 9:57 AM, Angel Oracle said:

Houston has already won more games than they did in all of 2013.   Crazy

With us being out of it, i really hope they win the world series this year. Or the nats. Or cubs. Or the indians. 

Or the dbacks. Or rox. Or giants, or padres. Brewers, chisox, a's, rangers, braves, mets, marlins, braves. Pulling for them all. Phillies probably wont but i hope they do. I shudder, but even the yanks, red sox or orioles would be cool. Big time rays fan when they arent playing us. KC has a lot to like before we sign moustakas, detroit and the mariners are due. Ive never seen the pirates or reds win, so it would be good for their fans. Blue jays or cards wouldnt be bad just because i like birds. 

Any of those teams will have my support this october. Die hard support.