• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Nice game to lock up the playoff spot.  I had my doubts plenty of times this season, but they finished strong and earned their spot.  A lot of ups and downs this season.  I’m not sure that I feel that great about their prospects but that’s neither here nor there.  They overcame a lot of adversity.  More now with Fowler out.  Hopefully they’ve got some magic in them.  And hopefully we can stay the hell away from Nashville. I honestly believe we can beat LA or Vegas in a 7 gamer.  The Sharks are good but beatable.  Winnipeg and Nashville are probably in a different class then the reat of the conference but hey.  The big dogs eat shit sometimes.  Maybe the underdog look will work out better for us. 

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Nice game to lock up the playoff spot.  I had my doubts plenty of times this season, but they finished strong and earned their spot.  A lot of ups and downs this season.  I’m not sure that I feel that great about their prospects but that’s neither here nor there.  They overcame a lot of adversity.  More now with Fowler out.  Hopefully they’ve got some magic in them.  And hopefully we can stay the hell away from Nashville. I honestly believe we can beat LA or Vegas in a 7 gamer.  The Sharks are good but beatable.  Winnipeg and Nashville are probably in a different class then the reat of the conference but hey.  The big dogs eat shit sometimes.  Maybe the underdog look will work out better for us. 

From what I understand.  The playoffs work as the #1 division winner, which would be nashville playing the #2 wildcard.  The #2 division winner, Vegas would then play the #1 wildcard.  Then the #2 and #3 in each divsion would play each other.  So we may not have to face Nashville or Winnipeg till at least the second round.  IMO, I think the Sharks are the most vulnerable right now.  they are 6-3-1 in their last ten, but have lost 3 in a row.  Let the Kings take on Vegas.

One other thing.  Wellinski needs to get more aggressive out there.  He just seemed too timid on D.  And very hesitant on his decisions.  It really hurt us a few times in the last game where the Wild were having their way with us.  There were a few times, when he just let people skate around the boards, because he didn't want to leave the center of the ice.  So he was stuck in a no mans land covering no one.  

I'm hoping it was just jitters.  But we shall see.

Good timing for Beauch to play his best game of the year.  Montour was excellent too, he has really matured this year.

Kase with yet another huge goal.

Glad they made the playoffs, for most of the season I didn't see it coming, gotta hope they can get hot and make a run.

Looking at some sites.   And here is how I think it works for playoffs.  And it's a big + for us.

Nashvile #1 seed.  Vegas.  #1 seed, #2 overall.  Wild Card #1 Kings #7 seed.  Wild Card #2 Lanche #8 seed.

First round, as it stands now.

Vegas vs Kings

Sharks vs Ducks.

Second round.

Winners of the first round.

So Vegas/Kings/Sharks/Ducks may not have to face Nashville or Winnipeg till the conference finals.  So of the two games left, it's pretty vital to get at least one point, or Colorado not 4 points to guarantee that we stay in the easier bracket.  

Here is where it gets interesting. 

San Jose has Lanche and Wild 

Kings have Wild and Dallas

Ducks have Dallas and Yotes.  

Wild have Kings and San Jose

Lanche has San Jose and St Louis

St Louis has Chicago and lanche

I don't think the Wild will want to go into the playoffs with a 3 game losing streak.  Just like I don't think San Jose will want to go into the playoffs on a 5 game losing streak.  Lanche also have to win against St Louis to keep serve.  Playoff wise, the last 2 games don't mean much except to the Lanche and St Louis.  But it still has some great matchups and really can set the tone for the playoffs.  

42 minutes ago, nate said:

Quinville retained by Chicago so there goes my #1 coaching option.  My guess is that RC gets retained which means another year of antiquated hockey.

As long as RC doesn't play antiquated players, we are fine.  Hopefully Murray got the memo.

6 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Looking at some sites.   And here is how I think it works for playoffs.  And it's a big + for us.

Nashvile #1 seed.  Vegas.  #1 seed, #2 overall.  Wild Card #1 Kings #7 seed.  Wild Card #2 Lanche #8 seed.

First round, as it stands now.

Vegas vs Kings

Sharks vs Ducks.

Second round.

Winners of the first round.

So Vegas/Kings/Sharks/Ducks may not have to face Nashville or Winnipeg till the conference finals.  So of the two games left, it's pretty vital to get at least one point, or Colorado not 4 points to guarantee that we stay in the easier bracket.  

Here is where it gets interesting. 

San Jose has Lanche and Wild 

Kings have Wild and Dallas

Ducks have Dallas and Yotes.  

Wild have Kings and San Jose

Lanche has San Jose and St Louis

St Louis has Chicago and lanche

I don't think the Wild will want to go into the playoffs with a 3 game losing streak.  Just like I don't think San Jose will want to go into the playoffs on a 5 game losing streak.  Lanche also have to win against St Louis to keep serve.  Playoff wise, the last 2 games don't mean much except to the Lanche and St Louis.  But it still has some great matchups and really can set the tone for the playoffs.  

I think it's a forgone conclusion that the Ducks will stay in the Pacific bracket. The only way not is getting 0 points next 2 games while the Avalanche get all 4