• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

8 hours ago, Lou said:

Damn, I don't know why I was thinking Winnipeg was a division winner.

Gracias 

Well, the inclination is right.  Winnipeg would have won any other division in the league I’m fairly certain.  They’re extremely good. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

The SJ/Wild game was crazy.  Wild had an early 2 goal lead then SJ scored two quick goals to tie it.  Then the Wild scored three in like four minutes.

SJ just scored a PPG with 1 min left, unless they come up with a miracle the Ducks get home ice.

Missed the game.  But at least we didn't let up, and finished strong.

Oh and obligatory.  :3705709385:

Second in the division.  Overall, all thing considered, not too bad.  Although it was a rough ride, with plenty of roller coaster action, and lot's and lot's of doubts.  We got through the first half of the season.  And one little note I did see.  Ducks have scored 100 points 5 seasons in a row.  9th team in NHL History to accomplish this feat.  

Of course being the Ducks, the first season does not make a successful season.  Win or go home boys.  Now just win.  Just IMO, but I think there are no excuses for the Ducks if they don't at least make it to the Conference finals.  

4 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Yeah, and tonight the Kings are the joke. Couldn't beat Dallas on the back end of a double? Or, didn't want to play us when Las Vegas was the alternative?

Just IMO, but maybe.  Kings have handled vegas probably the best of any team in the league.  So why not face them?

As the op ed earlier in the season in Nashville about the Ducks.  Their opinion was, no way do they want the Preds to face the Ducks in the first round.  Because even though, and rightfully so, they thought the Preds would take the series against the Ducks.  The Ducks would still punish the Preds for every inch of ice in every single game.  And that's not the way you want to start the Stanley Cup playoffs.  Same sentiment for the Blackhawks a few years back when they won the cup.  

A Kings/Ducks playoff series would be just a brutal bloodbath.  Not the way you want to start a long playoff series.  Better to just wait for it in the second round, when we meet in a few weeks.

Schedule is out...

Ducks vs. Sharks First-Round Schedule

Game 1
Thursday, April 12 at 7:30 p.m. PT (Honda Center)

Game 2    
Saturday, April 14 at 7:30 p.m. PT (Honda Center)

Game 3    
Monday, April 16 at 7:30 p.m. PT (SAP Center)

Game 4    
Wednesday, April 18 at 7:30 p.m. PT (SAP Center)

Game 5*    
Friday, April 20 (time TBD) (Honda Center)

Game 6*    
Sunday, April 22 (time TBD) (SAP Center)

Game 7*    
Tuesday, April 24 (time TBD) (Honda Center)

1 hour ago, nate said:

I kinda get Vermette being in, even though I don't agree with it.  RC will use him for important faceoffs and I bet the 4th line almost never sees the ice.

And he will lose the faceoff, be stuck on the ice, get skated around, and get scored on.  

While I can understand Bieska since Fowler is out, and Wisinski has looked at time very overwhelmed.  Putting the third cone out is asking for trouble.  There is a reason why this team has done well.  Just count the number of cones in the lineup.

The Ducks went like 8-2 or something down the stretch didn’t they ? I’m not sure why Carlyle wouldn’t play that exact line up sans Fowler.  Vermette is truly worthless.  I can’t be bothered to go look it up but hasn’t he been getting scratched ?

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

The Ducks went like 8-2 or something down the stretch didn’t they ? I’m not sure why Carlyle wouldn’t play that exact line up sans Fowler.  Vermette is truly worthless.  I can’t be bothered to go look it up but hasn’t he been getting scratched ?

10-1-1

He was scratched most games, yes

Edited by nate

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

April 7 Win 3-0

March 23 Loss 3-2

March 9 Loss 2-1

March 2 Win 4-2

February 24   Loss 2-0

Zero points.  -2.  Absolutely worthless.

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

April 7 Win 3-0

March 23 Loss 3-2

March 9 Loss 2-1

March 2 Win 4-2

February 24   Loss 2-0

Zero points.  -2.  Absolutely worthless.

Grant makes Vermette expendable in the offseason, kid already is a 52%+ at faceoffs in his career & will only get better with experience & then he is also useful with the puck (12 to 15 goals is what expect from Grant going forward/

Kesler needs to be a beast in the playoffs, i kinda am expecting he will finally play like the Kesler of before. If he doesn't i'm starting to worry Kesler might never be the same & next season he'll be 2 years removed from that good season he had & will be turning 35 in 2019

Hampus needs to repeat what he did last year in the playoffs vs the Oilers(remember when he bullied Lucic around lol ?) but also with his new found confidence in shooting pucks on net & getting them thru traffic, he does the best at getting shots thru traffic of all the Ducks D-men, getting those shots thru traffic consistently eventually leads to goals or rebounds. He may not have the hardest shot but he knows the timing so well of when to shoot & jump in to shoot.

If they get shots thru traffic, if Kesler goes into playoff mode, if Hampus plays tough like vs Edmonton last year, if Perry manages to show up & if Gibson then slams the door shut on SJ then it should be 4 games to 2 Ducks series win.

I don’t think we should or realistically can expect Kesler to have a huge series.  Hopefully he’ll be a positive contributor.  Lindholm is a key player in series.  He must play well.  If he doesn’t the Ducks are screwed on the back end.  We have to get big minutes out of Manson.  Gibson it goes without saying is the biggest factor for us.  If he can steal a game or 2 the Ducks are in good shape.  I think it’s really a close series....Not the boldest prediction I know.   Most of the prognosticators seem to think it will go 7.  I definitely agree with that.  Because of home ice I’ll say that’s the difference also because I’m a homer I’ll say Ducks in 7. 

Edited by UndertheHalo