• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Terry, Steel, Jones.  4th line to get their feet wet in 2019.  Petersson and Larsson as the 3rd pairing on D.  Shit, Murray can take a nap at this point.  But only after signing Kase to a Rakell type deal first.

Gonna be more of the same if the plan is to sit and hope that some prospects pan out.  Even optimistically by the time they become solid reliable contributors the Ducks are going to have to start replacing the core guys we have now.   These kids should be viewed as depth imo.  The only thing we need to be careful about is making sure we have money for Gibson.  Otherwise we need match the other teams in our conference and work on aggressive and immediate improvement.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

12 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Gonna be more of the same if the plan is to sit and hope that some prospects pan out.  Even optimistically by the time they become solid reliable contributors the Ducks are going to have to start replacing the core guys we have now.   These kids should be viewed as depth imo.  The only thing we need to be careful about is making sure we have money for Gibson.  Otherwise we need match the other teams in our conference and work on aggressive and immediate improvement.  

Getting rid of the four cones will be huge to our improvement.  Petersson is already >>>>>>>>>>> Bieska or Beauchimin or Holzer.  Maybe even all of them combined.  So on D, I don't think the kids are depth.  

As for Steel/Jones/Terry.  We are talking about the 4th line.  It might be good to do what other teams do, and the fourth line to get the feet wet of young players and see if they sink or swim.  I'd really much rather go that route, than looking for some old guy and hope to find a gem.  

But trading Silfverberg may be the wild card for the offseason.  

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Getting rid of the four cones will be huge to our improvement.  Petersson is already >>>>>>>>>>> Bieska or Beauchimin or Holzer.  Maybe even all of them combined.  So on D, I don't think the kids are depth.  

As for Steel/Jones/Terry.  We are talking about the 4th line.  It might be good to do what other teams do, and the fourth line to get the feet wet of young players and see if they sink or swim.  I'd really much rather go that route, than looking for some old guy and hope to find a gem.  

But trading Silfverberg may be the wild card for the offseason.  

I think at the very least we need to get 1 d man that isn’t  laughable in a top 6 role and as always a top 6 winger.  Continue to think the Ducks need to pretend Eaves doesn’t exist. 

Edited by UndertheHalo