• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

9 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

3 cones in.  So I'm surprised we are still in it.

There is 1 person and 1 person only as to why the are still in it and he wears #36. If this continues through the 3rd, he should be the only 1 on the plane tonight, everyone else should walk

15 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

There is 1 person and 1 person only as to why the are still in it and he wears #36. If this continues through the 3rd, he should be the only 1 on the plane tonight, everyone else should walk

Yeah, agree.

You know, I really thought we would be a better team than this at this point in the season. I'm wondering if it's that we aren't as good as I thought we were or some teams in the league have leaped over us in the talent area. It's starting to look like the talent level in the NHL has taken a step up and we are where we were in the past. Maybe all these years of not getting better than an 8th pick is catching up to us.

A year ago I thought we could hold our own against any team in the Western Conference. Now, I don't think we could beat Nashville; probably would lose to Winnipeg or San Jose; I see us even up with LA (edge to who's hot); and don't feel comfortable against Las Vegas. Not good.

8 hours ago, deepdrive said:

You know, I really thought we would be a better team than this at this point in the season. I'm wondering if it's that we aren't as good as I thought we were or some teams in the league have leaped over us in the talent area. It's starting to look like the talent level in the NHL has taken a step up and we are where we were in the past. Maybe all these years of not getting better than an 8th pick is catching up to us.

A year ago I thought we could hold our own against any team in the Western Conference. Now, I don't think we could beat Nashville; probably would lose to Winnipeg or San Jose; I see us even up with LA (edge to who's hot); and don't feel comfortable against Las Vegas. Not good.

Ya it’s combination of things imo.  The Ducks haven’t really done a whole lot roster wise.  We’ve brought on Henrique (this year) who is good but with the loss of Eaves i don’t think we’ve been able to really increase our depth of good forwards.  Kase is a nice player but there’s just not enough in the forward corps imo.  Kesler is getting older and is hurt.  Perry is older and has diminished significantly as a scoring threat.  Silfverberg has never really gotten beyond being like a 35-40 point guy.  Cogliano has no business on a scoring line and Ritchie has been tremendously disappointing.  He’s stil young but wow, he has stunk for so much of the season.  

The other teams have simply gotten better.  Winnipeg’s young guys are delivering.  That’s going to be a good team for a while.  Other teams like Calgary are getting better and better.  The Oilers have too many guys for this to keep going this way. Nashville has been far more dynamic with player acquisition then Anaheim.  Far, far, far more.  I’d like someone to explain to me about how Nashville is a bigger market then Anaheim since the blogger apologists always love talking about how the Ducks are a “small market” team. Complete bullshit. 

San Jose to me is the bright spot.  They’ve managed to make clever moves that have worked out well with an older roster.  If the Ducks can emulate that model with Getzlaf maybe we can turn this around.  We’re a few pieces short but those pieces are huge and they’re the differences.  We have a talented group on the back end that needs to be supplemented with solid players.  We’ve really suffered with poor players in that mix this year. 

Gibson is going to get paid year after next so that’s going to be a thing also. I don’t know what we’re going to do.  If we’re lucky we’ll get rid of Murray and Carlyle this offseason.  Both are disasters. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

On 3/22/2018 at 8:32 PM, nate said:

Sorry but Holzer is significantly more shit than the cones.  Dude is slow and so easily beat.  He is the worst defender the Ducks have played since Sbisa. 

You’re right, significantly better is probably strong.  I don’t view Beauch or Bieksa as better tho. All 3 of them are fucking terrible.  Holzer had an OK game in Calgary.  He didn’t stand out as a fuck up.  So to me that’s decent.  Relatively. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Holzer has been fine his last two games, which is all they need from him.  Hopefully he doesn't play much more.

In regards to other teams getting better, I think a lot of it has to do with coaching and org philosophy.  Think about the Ducks, they don't have any of those true coast to coast and score type players.  The closest would probably be Rakell and then Henrique.  None of the high skill, quick and agile skaters that every other team has.  I think that has contributed a lot to why they lose 3 on 3 too.

3 on 3 doesn't work when the team is made up of a bunch of oafs and rely on rebounds and tips.  You need guys who can take it to the goal and score.

42 minutes ago, nate said:

Holzer has been fine his last two games, which is all they need from him.  Hopefully he doesn't play much more.

In regards to other teams getting better, I think a lot of it has to do with coaching and org philosophy.  Think about the Ducks, they don't have any of those true coast to coast and score type players.  The closest would probably be Rakell and then Henrique.  None of the high skill, quick and agile skaters that every other team has.  I think that has contributed a lot to why they lose 3 on 3 too.

3 on 3 doesn't work when the team is made up of a bunch of oafs and rely on rebounds and tips.  You need guys who can take it to the goal and score.

Exactly. Most of our guys are good. They play hard and at a quality level. But, they look a little klunky too often against opposing players that have a higher natural talent level.

We don't get the high draft picks and don't have a GM that is deft at making trades. It just feels a bit like the league is leaving us behind.

9 minutes ago, nate said:

I figure the Ducks need 10 points out of the remaining games to guarantee a playoff spot.  Anything less than 8 is almost certainly a miss.

Figure they’ve got bad teams they need to beat in Edmonton, Vancouver, and AZ to wrap up the season.  So 6 points there.  That game against the Kings is potentially make or break. 

Of course, we haven’t been great against the bad teams.  So.... we’ll see

Edited by UndertheHalo

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

Figure they’ve got bad teams they need to beat in Edmonton, Vancouver, and AZ to wrap up the season.  So 6 points there.  That game against the Kings is potentially make or break. 

And Colorado.

Just now, nate said:

And Colorado.

Ya the Colorado game is also almost do or die.  If we win the games against the stinkers and beat an Av’s and Kings probably in solid shape.  We match up badly against Colorado though.  I’m sort of hoping we can get the points out of Minnesota and Dallas and be OK if we lose the Avalanche game.