• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Marte

Lou

Why is he getting a pass on his completely craptastic season?  If Pujols, Maybin...hell, anyone else (not named Calhoun) had his offensive numbers on June 2nd, there would be countless threads about how Scioscia sucks for continuing to run him out there every day. 

Over his last 26 ABs, he's batting .115 and has hit 1 home run. 

(I have no idea why this is the case)

I don't give him a pass I just didn't have high expectations for him this year.  I know Chuck was big on him after last year and my thought was as optimistic as Chuck was (think he said 25 HR's a possibility) I thought that was highly unlikely.  Not because I doubt Chuck or want to be a naysayer but because there's footage of him from last year, teams/pitchers would make adjustments and it would come down to how he adjusts or even if he can.  All I know is last night Victor and Mark were both pointing out how he didn't look comfortable at first, how on the throws over he wasn't positioned well and they weren't surprised after Meyer kept throwing over how it backfired and led to an error.  Hopefully he makes adjustments going forward.    

Just now, Glen said:

I was big on him last year but it's obvious whatever he was drinking then, he isn't now.  There's no reason at all for him to be here over Cron, other than Marte's ability to play a few other positions crappily.

His ability to play those other positions is why I thought they sent Cron down in the first place considering they were heading into National League parks when they sent Cron down.  

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

His ability to play those other positions is why I thought they sent Cron down in the first place considering they were heading into National League parks when they sent Cron down.  

With Escobar back, I think you'll see Cron up and Marte down, maybe sooner rather than later...

2 minutes ago, DMVol said:

With Escobar back, I think you'll see Cron up and Marte down, maybe sooner rather than later...

Yup, this is the move I'm expecting pretty soon. 

I still like Marte and think he can be an everyday player. As I said many times in the offseason, I can see him filling the Robb Quinlan role for a few years, a lefty-mashing corner infielder/outfielder. Someone who can be a capable bench bat or legit depth, but wind up exposed everyday.

Only watched a small bit of the game yesterday, saw Meyer give up a dinger, walk, and then Marte doing his best impression of the Atlanta Braves first baseman while holding on the runner at first...jesus christ man...at least pretend like you know how to hold someone on...how are you supposed to tag someone on your right side...when you are standing a foot off the bag and your glove is as far as humanly possible from the runner on your left hand...like you are afraid it's going to catch an STD if it comes near him. Pretty predictable to watch him then get handcuffed and stumble over his feet as the ball almost clanked off his shin and ended up in by the camera well...

at that point I decided getting caught up with Fargo was a more productive use of my time

I think that when people are dumbfounded, they can become speechless... that's why nothing has really been said to this point. Sometimes all we can do is throw up our hands, shake our heads and roll our eyes. 

To make matters worse - Scioscia frequently bats him in the middle of the lineup. You know you're in trouble when the #5 hitter is a career .228 hitter.

41 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I think that when people are dumbfounded, they can become speechless... that's why nothing has really been said to this point. Sometimes all we can do is throw up our hands, shake our heads and roll our eyes. 

To make matters worse - Scioscia frequently bats him in the middle of the lineup. You know you're in trouble when the #5 hitter is a career .228 hitter.

I think the issue is more along the lines of..you know you're in trouble when putting a .228 career hitter in the #5 slot is your best option

6 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

I hope you're being serious 

Of course I am.

Bruce Lee in the movie enter the Dragon... "I practice the art of fighting without fighting"

Mickey Hatcher on coaching hitting.... "I practice the art of coaching without coaching."

Two geniuses.

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Terry and Langston were wondering why Scioscia didn't bring in Valbuena, who is a far superior defensive option and they were playing for the last 3 outs. Cron is no savior, but he's a better option than Marte for this team at the moment.

https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2017/06/02/1454284983/1496381735611/asset_2500K.mp4

Does it matter ... I watch kids make that catch every weekend.