• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I'm going negative....

until they prove me wrong.  

2 miraculous wins and we are still 7-11.  

Our #4 hitter whiffs on 3 pitches in a critical situation and is hitting .203.  Pretty much his standard for April with the halos.  

We still suck at LF and 2b.  

Our #5 hitter is hitting .213 after going 0-6 and leaving 6 guys left on base.  

We have one player with an ops above .740.  One player that has started the season well.  

Oh and the pitching is still all over the place.  

I've tried to support what they are doing and frankly, they should be better relative to what I see on the field.  

When are they actually going to perform?  

Maybe they won't, but I'm tired of trying to find the silver lining 

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

Our #4 hitter whiffs on 3 pitches in a critical situation and is hitting .203.  Pretty much his standard for April with the halos.  

We have one player with an ops above .740.  One player that has started the season well.  

I've tried to support what they are doing and frankly, they should be better relative to what I see on the field.  

You do realize that #4 hitter also hit a double that drove in 3 runs, right?

Arte got his world record last night 

I'm sure he sleeps well on his billions

so would I. 

CJ Cron shouldn't see anymore regular playing time. Just start Marte. Idc about analytics. My analyzation of Cron is that he is lost every AB, can't make solid contact, and is a avg 1B defensively. 

Im not even mad about Maybin, Revere, Espinosa. They are who they have been their entire career. 

How the Big Catorce still has a job is beyond me. Any other manager would have been let go years ago. He's done well for the organization, put us on the map, brought a title to Anaheim, but his teams just aren't managed well. Different year same problems.

Seriously enjoy Michael Nelson Trout while we have him. He is going back East next chance he can get.

5 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Once again, Oakland is ahead of us. Oakland, who trades away half of their team every November. 

6 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Welcome to the dark side.

33 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Arte's plan....

Sign Bryce Harper when he becomes a FA and trade Trout for a boatload.

We still have 4 years of Trout, a lot can happen.

Not sure the "trade Trout for a boatload" scenario really works. What are we going to get, a boatload of mediocre players? We already have that.

Weird how things have played out since Moreno bought the team. I think at first he wanted to build a winner through FA but his moves just didn't work out. We got Trout with dumb luck.

Arte should sell the team.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

The franchise is historically pretty mediocre and it's in the shitty part of its cycle and probably will be through at least the remainder of the decade. I'm okay with that.

I waited sixteen years for the postseason after 1986 and then we won it all. Nobody can take that away from us. That consolation will always be there.

But I could envision us not returning to those glory days for even several decades to come. That seems to be the burden of this team historically. If they get to the Series again before I'm 90, that will be nice. The Dodgers are still looking to open that door and it's been 28 years for them.

If you're a fan you follow the team, win or lose. And then there's Trout. We can still enjoy him for a few more years.

This is pretty much what I expected.  I said this in another thread, and I'll repeat:  They're a pretty boring team to watch.  More than anything, this is what kind of bugs me.  I'm just not interested in this team. 

Perhaps they'll click later.  I dunno.  Yawn.  I gave up a lot of sleep for that shit show last night/this morning.  At least I didn't pay for a ticket, I suppose. 

53 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Welcome to the dark side.

It's too easy to be on your side and say I told you so, but post a nice comment or two when they win.

The Blue Jays have the same team as last year and went deep in the playoffs. They're sucking too right now. 

In regards to Cron, he is very streaky. If you remember, in 2015, he was horrible and got send down like in May and once he came back, he started to kill the baseball. Then last year, he started off slow as well, looking at his numbers in April. Then, starting in May, he was really good and ended the year putting up solid overall numbers. I would wait until like May before I would start worrying about Cron.

6 hours ago, Mark68 said:

You do realize that #4 hitter also hit a double that drove in 3 runs, right?

one good at bat makes it all better?  Btw, that was a seeing eye double on a pitch outside the strike zone.  A ball that usually ends up a GIDP.  The opposite field single he had was a much better at bat.  

The guy wants so bad to be something he used to instead of evolving into the best of what he is.