• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Our offense sucks

I think Houston runs away with the division anyway tbh. I still like this team to stay afloat and in the WC hunt for much of the season though. Not sold that they have enough to nab one of the 2 spots in the end, but I see them playing meaningful baseball in September. Still maintain that 2018 is the year where a playoff berth should be expected

1 hour ago, bloodbrother said:

Still maintain that 2018 is the year where a playoff berth should be expected

How are they magically going to be any better in 2018? they don't have any young guys that are going to improve over that time. What you see now is what the angels are going to look like in 2018, except Pujols will probably be in a wheelchair.

1 hour ago, bloodbrother said:

I think Houston runs away with the division anyway tbh. I still like this team to stay afloat and in the WC hunt for much of the season though. Not sold that they have enough to nab one of the 2 spots in the end, but I see them playing meaningful baseball in September. Still maintain that 2018 is the year where a playoff berth should be expected

It sucks that the season is only two weeks old and we are already chasing......again.

4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

How are they magically going to be any better in 2018? they don't have any young guys that are going to improve over that time. What you see now is what the angels are going to look like in 2018, except Pujols will probably be in a wheelchair.

Heaney and Tropeano will be coming back and Skaggs/Richards will be another year removed from injury (granted Richards comes back).  There will be more payroll freed up and a better FA class available then this last offseason.  There are some guys in the farm like Thaiss who may be at the point where they can start competing for a spot on the roster.  

2018 is the year I've seen as well as the year the Angels should be able to contend.  That being said they still have a lot of opportunity this year.  Their offense isn't as bad as the last few games have shown.  Skaggs just showed us all what he is capable of with that 7 IP, 9 K, 0 ER outing.  If Richards comes back and can stay healthy and Shoe and Skaggs perform to their abilities then this team will compete.  If Meyer steps up and does what he seems capable of on top of all that then this team has a chance to be pretty good.  

There are a lot of "ifs" this year.  I think  next year a lot of those ifs will be taken away.

6 hours ago, rodneydangerfield said:

We can't expect the offense to deliver day in and day out—the real problem is the pitching.

Cron needs to play everyday to keep sharp. I hate that he is splitting time at 1B. I also think Marte is capable of 30 HRs if he played a full season, Escobar is overrated and should be traded for a SP. It may take a player to be named later to sweeten the pot, for that to happen, but it should happen IMO.

11 hours ago, AngelsFanSince86 said:

Curious why Meyer isn't being given a shot right now with Richards down and other guys not really performing.  Seems like at his age you would want to see what you have in him and since the rotation is so thin it seems like a great time to see if he can hack it.  

I think they were messing with his delivery - see the "make or break" thread and article. They probably want to give him some consistent minor league time to settle in before throwing him into deep waters.

Anyhow, it is worth considering that the Cubs are 6-6. Mediocre starts happen to great teams too. Right now the Angels look like an 80-85 win team, so it could be worse. A bit of luck and some savvy trades and they could win 85-90 games and sneak into the playoffs. Long season ahead.

12 hours ago, AngelsFanSince86 said:

Curious why Meyer isn't being given a shot right now with Richards down and other guys not really performing.  Seems like at his age you would want to see what you have in him and since the rotation is so thin it seems like a great time to see if he can hack it.  

Meyer is a disaster and they know it. 

40 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Anyhow, it is worth considering that the Cubs are 6-6. Mediocre starts happen to great teams too. Right now the Angels look like an 80-85 win team, so it could be worse. A bit of luck and some savvy trades and they could win 85-90 games and sneak into the playoffs. Long season ahead.

We don't have the talent to be a great team.