• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bombing Syria

Bombing Syria  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Well, what do you think?

20 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Looks like the Syrians just gassed the same city again after we bombed them.  Looks like they're doubling down.  Politically, I think they're doing it to decipher Trump.   Was this move just a simple show of force, or will Trump follow suit and escalate this?  It's times like this I'm glad I got out of the military.  Things like this have a funny way of escalating into full on military occupation. 

I hope he gets congress involved if they feel it necessary for further military action.

On 4/7/2017 at 9:11 AM, Chuckster70 said:

Initially I like it.

It sends a message. Don't fucking kill innocent civilians, even if it's your own.

NATO is slow to move on shit like this. 

My only concern is that there could have been Russians close by the missile attack. What if we killed one of Putin's peeps? That could get ugly.  

You really think Assad got the message? Assad has the Russians by his side he is not afraid of the US. This was just another bluff by Trump that cost the US taxpayer dollars and Assad isn't buying it. 

On 4/9/2017 at 5:29 AM, tennischmp said:

You really think Assad got the message? Assad has the Russians by his side he is not afraid of the US. This was just another bluff by Trump that cost the US taxpayer dollars and Assad isn't buying it. 

That's like (literally?) having the mob on your side. He is in power because it is currently convenient for Russia that he is in power. The minute that stops being the case he is a corpse or on the run and will soon be a corpse. But Russia is not going to allow a 3rd rate political leader's whims jeopardize their access to a warm water port. We can assume by both Russia's and our own reaction that neither believed he actually ordered the gas attack. He would be decidedly dead today if they did. A rogue element launching the attack does seem the most likely. If nothing else we can be somewhat comforted that whomever Trump is listening to this week knows what the hell they are doing.

military advisor ivanka trump: Daddy...those pictures make me sad

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/eric-trump-says-heartbroken-ivanka-influenced-syria-strike

President Donald Trump was reportedly moved to launch a missile strike in Syria last week by his eldest daughter and White House adviser Ivanka Trump, who was “heartbroken” by images of Syrian children killed in a chemical attack President Bashar al-Assad is believed to have carried out against his own people.

3 hours ago, red321 said:

military advisor ivanka trump: Daddy...those pictures make me sad

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/eric-trump-says-heartbroken-ivanka-influenced-syria-strike

President Donald Trump was reportedly moved to launch a missile strike in Syria last week by his eldest daughter and White House adviser Ivanka Trump, who was “heartbroken” by images of Syrian children killed in a chemical attack President Bashar al-Assad is believed to have carried out against his own people.

SNL will have a field day with this.

Hopefully she doesn't ask daddy for her own island nation.

"The bomb is officially called a GBU-43 or Massive Ordnance Air Blast (MOAB), the origin of its nickname as the “mother of all bombs.” Weighing more than 21,000 lbs., the weapon is the largest non-nuclear bomb ever used in combat.

The strike had been in the works for a number of months, dating back to the Obama administration, CBS News national security correspondent David Martin reports. The weapon was brought into Afghanistan “some time ago” for use in Thursday’s mission, a Pentagon spokesman said."

3 hours ago, AngelsLongBall said:

I thought they used a MOAB back against the Taliban in Tora Bora. Was it a daisy cutter?

i was thinking the same thing. and yes, i believe it was a daisy cutter. is it also known as a bunker buster?

15 hours ago, Tank said:

The strike had been in the works for a number of months, dating back to the Obama administration, CBS News national security correspondent David Martin reports. The weapon was brought into Afghanistan “some time ago” for use in Thursday’s mission, a Pentagon spokesman said."

I wonder if the all the time was spent planning observing the effects of the weapons system. Nothing beats real world data for creating weapons of (almost) mass destruction.