• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bombing Syria

Bombing Syria  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Well, what do you think?

I think it's impossible for any western country because a lot of the fighting stems from religion and fighting that goes back centuries.  I'd like to see the US stay out of it but the catch 22 is that if you do you've got innocent people getting killed, tortured and abused by dictators in situations that could eventually turn into a major war.  The kicker is now after decades of intervention some or most of those dictators were put into power by the US.  

15 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I think it's impossible for any western country because a lot of the fighting stems from religion and fighting that goes back centuries.  I'd like to see the US stay out of it but the catch 22 is that if you do you've got innocent people getting killed, tortured and abused by dictators in situations that could eventually turn into a major war.  The kicker is now after decades of intervention some or most of those dictators were put into power by the US.  

We have to be willing to look the other way when atrocities like what happened this week occur. It's tough  

54 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think the Trump admin will start letting some refugees from Syria to come in. Honestly, I think the Syrians would rather Trump help them stay in their own country

Really? Did they tell you that?

3 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/four-children-among-nine-civilians-dead-us-syria-113705158.html

May not be true but the bombing gives the Syrians the ability to give this narrative.  If true, then how are we any better?

Remember gassing children but bombing the shit out of them is ok.

http://www.latimes.com/world/middleeast/la-fg-mosul-civilians-airstrike-20170324-story.html

32 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/four-children-among-nine-civilians-dead-us-syria-113705158.html

May not be true but the bombing gives the Syrians the ability to give this narrative.  If true, then how are we any better?

Well, I suppose the narrative can be that Assad gasses civilians on purpose, while the brown people we bombed were just collateral damage. But then you look at how many civilians have died in U.S. airstrikes, and that narrative falls apart.

10 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I think the better question is if we have a moral obligation in Syria what about North Korea?  What about several countries in Africa?  If we are supposed to act to save people from their evil leaders where does it stop?

Pennsylvania Ave. 

Looks like the Syrians just gassed the same city again after we bombed them.  Looks like they're doubling down.  Politically, I think they're doing it to decipher Trump.   Was this move just a simple show of force, or will Trump follow suit and escalate this?  It's times like this I'm glad I got out of the military.  Things like this have a funny way of escalating into full on military occupation.