• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bombing Syria

Bombing Syria  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Well, what do you think?

14 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I'm with Jason.  Ultimately I don't think anything like this should start off with a unilateral move but we've seen this too many times to count.  

Yeah, the poll needs a third option. Wait and see.

Initially I like it.

It sends a message. Don't fucking kill innocent civilians, even if it's your own.

NATO is slow to move on shit like this. 

My only concern is that there could have been Russians close by the missile attack. What if we killed one of Putin's peeps? That could get ugly.  

12 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Initially I like it.

It sends a message. Don't fucking kill innocent civilians, even if it's your own.

NATO is slow to move on shit like this. 

My only concern is that there could have been Russians close by the missile attack. What if we killed one of Putin's peeps? That could get ugly.  

Apparently they were given a 1 hour heads up before the strike. They took that into account. 

6 minutes ago, red321 said:

If we have "a moral obligation" to bomb Syria or take other military actions because of their use of chemical weapons/brutalizing their own people...does that not mean we have a moral obligation to take in refugees that might result because of those actions?

We have a moral obligation to do neither.

9 minutes ago, red321 said:

If we have "a moral obligation" to bomb Syria or take other military actions because of their use of chemical weapons/brutalizing their own people...does that not mean we have a moral obligation to take in refugees that might result because of those actions?

I think the better question is if we have a moral obligation in Syria what about North Korea?  What about several countries in Africa?  If we are supposed to act to save people from their evil leaders where does it stop?

4 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I think the better question is if we have a moral obligation in Syria what about North Korea?  What about several countries in Africa?  If we are supposed to act to save people from their evil leaders where does it stop?

I'm not sure that is the better question. I'm not saying we have a moral obligation in Syria (or anywhere), my question is more along the lines of if that is one of the reasons being offered up, does it then require you follow through on that obligation? If your rationale is you have to do something because of moral reasons, or strategic interest reasons, etc....aren't you culpable for the aftermath?

Escalating the war in Syria creates more refugees...does that require being open to taking in more refugees?

2 minutes ago, red321 said:

I'm not sure that is the better question. I'm not saying we have a moral obligation in Syria (or anywhere), my question is more along the lines of if that is one of the reasons being offered up, does it then require you follow through on that obligation? If your rationale is you have to do something because of moral reasons, or strategic interest reasons, etc....aren't you culpable for the aftermath?

Escalating the war in Syria creates more refugees...does that require being open to taking in more refugees?

This very question is the main reason I think we should mind our own business

5 minutes ago, red321 said:

It is a good question and one of the many reasons I am against this.  I am not an isolationist but the Middle-East seems like an unsolvable situation.