• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

You act like America is the Wild Wild West and we get to do whatever the hell we want all the time, except now COVID has shown up and the government is taking away all of our freedoms. There has to be a balance between complete freedom and individualism (anarchy) and forced collectivism (Communism/fascism). 

That isn't practical for the vast majority of people, and you know that. Extremely rich people can lock themselves in their houses and be fine, but most people have to interact with people at some point during their day or week to survive. 

Only if the balance is heavily weighted toward freedom.

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

So you believe the government should, in certain circumstances, be able to ignore the constitution?

I don't believe they're ignoring the Constitution. I think that's a pretty extreme exaggeration of what's happening here.

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

You act like America is the Wild Wild West and we get to do whatever the hell we want all the time, except now COVID has shown up and the government is taking away all of our freedoms. There has to be a balance between complete freedom and individualism (anarchy) and forced collectivism (Communism/fascism). 

That isn't practical for the vast majority of people, and you know that. Extremely rich people can lock themselves in their houses and be fine, but most people have to interact with people at some point during their day or week to survive. 

I don't agree with any of this. So then, I'm forced to live in a world that is run the way you want.  You don't have to agree with me. Clearly you don't. Some folks are more fortunate than others. Thems the breaks. 

Just now, Taylor said:

Sure, which it still is, in my estimation. Nobody is being forced to remain in their homes, which is what happened in several other countries.

This isn't other countries,  it is a country built on the foundation of a limited government with limited powers and even those powers are supposed to be balanced.

Just now, Adam said:

I don't agree with any of this. So then, I'm forced to live in a world that is run the way you want.  You don't have to agree with me. Clearly you don't. Some folks are more fortunate than others. Thems the breaks. 

I want churches and other places to have gathering restrictions during COVID, and you don't. The California government agrees with me in this case. There are other things the California government does and doesn't do that I don't agree with. We don't always get what we want from the government. Thems the breaks.

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

This is where your libertarian fantasy world falls apart. There have to be some rules in order to have an effective society. China is learning this lesson with all their pollution, collapsed buildings etc.

I don't disagree. I just don't think rules should be set by the State. In my fantasy there's no public property, only private property, meaning the owners of the roads would set their own rules for usage.

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I don't believe they're ignoring the Constitution. I think that's a pretty extreme exaggeration of what's happening here.

If they are limiting freedom of religion and assembly they absolutely ignoring it.  Of course this isn't singular.   The 10th Ammendment might as well not exist 

This isn't other countries,  it is a country built on the foundation of a limited government with limited powers and even those powers are supposed to be balanced.

That's your interpretation of the Constitution. The Founders had some really good ideas and some really bad ideas, which is why the Constitution has been interpreted and amended during our country's history. I don't think the words of the Constitution should hold us at gunpoint and keep us in a box.

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I want churches and other places to have gathering restrictions during COVID, and you don't. The California government agrees with me in this case. There are other things the California government does and doesn't do that I don't agree with. We don't always get what we want from the government. Thems the breaks.

Brakes on a bus, brakes on a car

Breaks to make you a superstar

Breaks to win and breaks to lose

But these here breaks will rock your shoes

Just now, Taylor said:

That's your interpretation of the Constitution. The Founders had some really good ideas and some really bad ideas, which is why the Constitution has been interpreted and amended during our country's history. I don't think the words of the Constitution should hold us at gunpoint and keep us in a box.

This is a very dangerous position.  You place our rights to a whim.

Very dangerous.  

5 minutes ago, Adam said:

I don't disagree. I just don't think rules should be set by the State. In my fantasy there's no public property, only private property, meaning the owners of the roads would set their own rules for usage.

And in my perfect world, there's no poverty and everyone receives their basic needs. But that's never going to happen.

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

For sure. I ultimately comply with what I can tolerate.

This is a very dangerous position.  You place our rights to a whim.

Very dangerous.  

In your opinion, of course. I'm sure when the 3/5ths compromise was questioned, people used the same argument about how we can't go against the words of the Constitution. 

Hell, the 2nd Amendment says, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed," yet people have expanded those words to mean there should be zero restrictions on gun ownership. Where does it say that?

Everyone interprets the Constitution in some way.