• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

27 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

That's not all the unions do in regards to prop 23 and dialysis clinics.  My sister in law runs multiple clinics and they have to watch out for people who apply that are employed by the union as they're only there to stir the pot, to try to unionize the workforce and threaten walk outs which comes at the expense of the treatment the clinics provide.  In an extreme case one of the individuals tried to sabotage one of the patients dialysis treatments.  I don't believe that case was indicative of the union as a whole but I've heard enough stories to know there's a right way and a wrong way to go about things and I wouldn't consider a lot of what they do to be in the right.

Would you say you’re skeptical of them?

23 minutes ago, Blarg said:

It's about the governor's actions, not how many votes he received. 

Do you think the libs in LA and SF have turned against Newsom? It's possible, but if I had to guess, his approval rating is probably still very high. So even if they got enough signatures, it's very, very unlikely that a plurality of Californians would vote to recall him.

I voted for Cox, by the way. I'm not a Newsom fan.

Edited by Taylor

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Do you think the libs in LA and SF have turned against Newsom? It's possible, but if I had to guess, his approval rating is probably still very high. So even if they got enough signatures, it's very, very unlikely that a plurality of Californians would vote to recall him.

I voted for Cox, by the way. I'm not a Newsom fan.

No. He could rape babies on video and brag about and still get re-elected with a (D) next to his name in this state 

Edited by Jason

Calif. authorities escape to lavish Hawaii getaway amid new lockdowns

California lawmakers are reportedly descending on a week-long policy conference in Hawaii as the Golden State urges its citizens to refrain from travel and indoor gatherings.

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, the Independent Voter Project (IVP), which is hosting the conference, declined to name the fewer than 20 lawmakers, who collectively came from California, Texas, and Washington.

The conference is taking place at the Fairmont Kea Lani in Maui, where rooms reportedly run $600 and over per night, with policy discussions and "schmoozing" with corporate sponsors, the Chronicle said Monday. Its website says the event is four days long and the purpose "is to provide a setting, away from the Capitol, for elected officials and a diverse group of industry experts to consider policy matters in a nonpartisan manner."

News of the event came just days after the California Department of Public Health issued a travel advisory, urging residents to stay home and not to leave their "region."

7 hours ago, Redondo said:

The conference is taking place at the Fairmont Kea Lani in Maui, where rooms reportedly run $600 and over per night, with policy discussions and "schmoozing" with corporate sponsors

They should really consider modeling better behavior.

8 hours ago, Redondo said:

Calif. authorities escape to lavish Hawaii getaway amid new lockdowns

California lawmakers are reportedly descending on a week-long policy conference in Hawaii as the Golden State urges its citizens to refrain from travel and indoor gatherings.

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, the Independent Voter Project (IVP), which is hosting the conference, declined to name the fewer than 20 lawmakers, who collectively came from California, Texas, and Washington.

The conference is taking place at the Fairmont Kea Lani in Maui, where rooms reportedly run $600 and over per night, with policy discussions and "schmoozing" with corporate sponsors, the Chronicle said Monday. Its website says the event is four days long and the purpose "is to provide a setting, away from the Capitol, for elected officials and a diverse group of industry experts to consider policy matters in a nonpartisan manner."

News of the event came just days after the California Department of Public Health issued a travel advisory, urging residents to stay home and not to leave their "region."

download-2.jpg

38 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

We stayed at the Fairmont Kea Lani last year for about $300 a night through a priceline deal.  I have no doubts our elected officials have no issues paying top dollar on the taxpayer dime but I guess on the bright side they didn't opt for the Andaz which is even pricier. 

"corporate sponsors"

47 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

We stayed at the Fairmont Kea Lani last year for about $300 a night through a priceline deal.  I have no doubts our elected officials have no issues paying top dollar on the taxpayer dime but I guess on the bright side they didn't opt for the Andaz which is even pricier. 

It's a nice resort. When I stayed there my room was on the first floor so I was able to walk out of my patio onto the lawn and the pool area. It worked out really well for grabbing drinks. 

Love the beach there too.