• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

12 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

It is amazing how poorly the Democrats have managed this state. It would be interesting to see how a Republican candidate for governor in this state (LOL) would fare in an election making the focus of their campaign to reduce the impacts of fires. 

Edited by Jason

I just don't know which of the actions or inaction are due to ineptitude and what's due to corruption.  Some of the people voting to close the gas powered plants are involved with or benefit from SCE.  I'm all for doing things that are environmentally friendly but doing little to try to reduce the impact of fires and not having a system in place that keeps the lights on is not acceptable.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Are the environmentalists the main ones to blame for so many dead trees not being removed?

Oh, and Kamala Harris is one of the biggest opportunists I’ve ever seen.   With her, it does truly seem to be any way possible that gets her to the top.

They are a big part of the problem.  You really can't do anything in the forests without the ecoterrorists going off.  

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Are the environmentalists the main ones to blame for so many dead trees not being removed?

Oh, and Kamala Harris is one of the biggest opportunists I’ve ever seen.   With her, it does truly seem to be any way possible that gets her to the top.

If you read the article posted above it blames heavy regulatory burdens as being the largest problem. Government is far more dangerous than climate change, in my awesome conservative opinion 🙂 

Ridiculous but not surprising that a politician would use an opportunity like over 3M acres burning just this year alone to pass such orders.  Like that article I posted Sunday said unless the whole world gets on board what CA does isn't going to have the desired effect and orders like this will cost the middle class.

California will outlaw sales of new gasoline-powered passenger cars and trucks by 2035, Gov. Gavin Newsom announced Wednesday, a move he says will cut greenhouse gas emissions by 35% in the nation’s most populous state.

His plan would not ban people from owning gas-powered cars or selling them on the used car market. But it would end the sales of all new gasoline-powered passenger cars and trucks in the state of nearly 40 million people.

“Pull away from the gas pumps,” Newsom said in announcing his executive order to state regulators to draw up guidelines. “Let us no longer be victims of geopolitical dictators that manipulate global supply chains and global markets.”

california-moves-to-end-sales-of-new-gas-powered-cars