• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-failed-state-know-theyre-090014408.html

https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-residents-didnt-want-controlled-193106200.html

Found out another friend is headed out of state to Idaho and have multiple other friends talking about making the move at some point.  More and more I'm thinking about it and at least in the short term I'm going to start looking into possible landing spots. 

On 8/5/2020 at 5:59 PM, Brandon said:

I'm in this group.

I've been looking at homes in a few different areas for the past few weeks. I'm tired of the bullshit here and when I started going to KC pretty often since my dads death, you see way better people, communities, and lifestyles than what we have here in CA. Fuck paying what we pay in taxes, dumb bankrupt government, and our moron government.

Mainly looking for homes in states with no income tax.

Found some nice homes in Austin, TX but was told by friends it's CA East and the traffic is horrible. They positioned me to Dallas. One that will catch everyone by surprise is I have been spending a ton of time looking at homes in Tennessee....started in Memphis, but now focusing on Nashville. This is starting to be a big interest than speculation. And third is Vegas...I like the Henderson area and playing cards, but the heat might destroy me, plus I've been there too many times for it to be new and exciting.

yep, we have no regrets about moving to Idaho a couple of years ago.

All our neighbors are from California, which sucks in a way but that's just what is happening.

We like it a lot. We live in Eagle which is a few miles from Boise. The climate in Southwest Idaho is dry, like a high desert. So we don't get a lot of rain here, probably even less than So. Cal. However there is plenty of water so that's not an issue. There are 4 seasons here and it's amazing how you can feel the seasons change. We get a little snow in winter but not much. Took me about a year to acclimate from the "perfect" weather of Orange County to something more realistic, but I actually enjoy the cold weather for a few months, and look forward to Spring. Then in July/August the weather heats up and we look forward to the Fall. June/October are very nice here.

Boise is the state capitol and a college town. Boise is on the "Blue" side politically but the rest of the state is fairly conservative.

We bought a new house in October 2017, and moved in June 2018 after we sold our house in Costa Mesa.

Going by Zillow (so consider the source) our property value has increased 38% since we bought it.

One of our sales reps is moving to Eagle in a few weeks. He secured a month to month lease and is looking to buy next spring. It’s amazing how many Californians are migrating to Idaho and Tennessee. 

Glad to hear you like your new home! I’ll be your neighbor to the north when I eventually move to the Sandpoint area. 

18 minutes ago, Jay said:

We like it a lot. We live in Eagle which is a few miles from Boise. The climate in Southwest Idaho is dry, like a high desert. So we don't get a lot of rain here, probably even less than So. Cal. However there is plenty of water so that's not an issue. There are 4 seasons here and it's amazing how you can feel the seasons change. We get a little snow in winter but not much. Took me about a year to acclimate from the "perfect" weather of Orange County to something more realistic, but I actually enjoy the cold weather for a few months, and look forward to Spring. Then in July/August the weather heats up and we look forward to the Fall. June/October are very nice here.

Boise is the state capitol and a college town. Boise is on the "Blue" side politically but the rest of the state is fairly conservative.

We bought a new house in October 2017, and moved in June 2018 after we sold our house in Costa Mesa.

Going by Zillow (so consider the source) our property value has increased 38% since we bought it.

Are there any brown people there?  How is the Mexican food? 

20 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

One of our sales reps is moving to Eagle in a few weeks. He secured a month to month lease and is looking to buy next spring. It’s amazing how many Californians are migrating to Idaho and Tennessee. 

Glad to hear you like your new home! I’ll be your neighbor to the north when I eventually move to the Sandpoint area. 

Maybe they're just trying to get away from you.

37 minutes ago, Jay said:

We like it a lot. We live in Eagle which is a few miles from Boise. The climate in Southwest Idaho is dry, like a high desert. So we don't get a lot of rain here, probably even less than So. Cal. However there is plenty of water so that's not an issue. There are 4 seasons here and it's amazing how you can feel the seasons change. We get a little snow in winter but not much. Took me about a year to acclimate from the "perfect" weather of Orange County to something more realistic, but I actually enjoy the cold weather for a few months, and look forward to Spring. Then in July/August the weather heats up and we look forward to the Fall. June/October are very nice 

I remember we talked briefly about your move out of CA some time back but didn’t recall exactly where in Idaho you were just that you ran into other people locally who were from OC. Eagle was actually one of the places I came across yesterday that piqued my interest.  Close to Boise but also far enough away, more house for your money, not too much snow, good schools and low crime rates. Definitely a place I’ll be learning more about. 

37 minutes ago, calscuf said:

My mom and sister live in Eagle.  But just to warn you guys my mom is married to the black guy there and my sister is married to the asian guy.  So it’s not like it’s a utopia.

That's unpossible. Idaho is all white supremacissssss!!!

8 hours ago, halomatt said:

Are there any brown people there?  How is the Mexican food? 

It's pretty white here but there are Hispanics. Nothing like OC but we have some carnecerias and hole in the wall taco places. I actually miss the diversity but over time it will change.

I remember my favorite place to eat when I had a hangover was Mario's Liquor in HB. They had a carneceria inside a liquor store. They tore it down and turned it into a Subway. Brutal. Anyway we don't have that here.

9 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I remember we talked briefly about your move out of CA some time back but didn’t recall exactly where in Idaho you were just that you ran into other people locally who were from OC. Eagle was actually one of the places I came across yesterday that piqued my interest.  Close to Boise but also far enough away, more house for your money, not too much snow, good schools and low crime rates. Definitely a place I’ll be learning more about. 

How bad must things be that you aren't just looking at moving to Idaho, you are trying to find a more efficient part of Idaho than just anywhere in Idaho.