• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ESPN WORST 10 MLB Ballparks Listing

disarcina

ESPN site has an article listing the TEN WORST MLB ballparks venues for fans -- the headline says something like : Ten Ballparks for Fans to Skip"

The list, with the Worst (Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg/ Tampa Bay -- no surprise here) listed first and the others in order of "worse-ness"

1. Tropicana Field / Tampa Bay

2. Oakland Coliseum (The house Al Davis ruined -- used to be able to see the Oakland Hills beyond CF).

3. Chase Field , Arizona

4. Cellular Field (Southside of Chicago/ White Sox)

5. Rogers Centre (Toronto)

6. Arlington, Texas ( relatively new park, too -- article says Commissioner looking to push Texas for new park by 2020 -- wasn't this ballpark just built not long ago?)

7. Miami (I think MLB expansion moving into Florida cities is a bad idea).

8. ANGELS STADIUM (Anaheim -- and the remarks are not too complimentary about the site or the team's future -- see below)

9. Houston (another somewhat recently built park - at least they dumped the ENRON FIELD name).

10. Detroit (now Comerica Park is fairly new -- read the write up -- I think this is just a knock on downtown Detroit).

COMMENT in the write up describing Angels Stadium (ESPN's words not mine):

"I don't think there is anything more representative of living in Southern California than being able to watch traffic (the 57 Freeway) while at a baseball game....And if you decide to walk to or from the Stadium to the bar, be prepared to take your life in your hands -- the road that leads to the Stadium does not have sidewalks and includes an underpass where Anaheim's homeless like to gather/ use as a toilet."

DISCUSS...........(yeah, the Halos renewed the COA Stadium lease through 2029).

not saying I agree with ESPN -- Angels Stadium has its issues but overall -- it's a fairly pleasant place to watch a game -- especially for families.

But this is one EPSN commentator's take which is then disseminated throughout the country.

personally, I like the ability to walk to and from hotels/ restaurants/ bars near the ballpark as well as the train station. Can't do that at Dodger Stadium.

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

Where the fuck is Dodger stadium? That place is a literal shit hole.

Angel stadium has it's issues, no doubt, but I don't get how Angel Stadium is listed below Dodger stadium.

Because ESPN isn't trying to get people to talk about Kershaw taking his act to the East Coast....  .  that's why...

Dodger Stadium is ranked higher? On what planet? Traffic getting in sucks, traffic getting out sucks, someone was almost murdered in the parking lot for being an opposing team's fan, the stairs suck and are everywhere, handicap access sucks, concessions are terrible, lines are long, one overcrowded team store, but at least they have urinals now instead of troughs? C'mon man...

2 hours ago, disarcina said:

Quick -- let's get those Cactus League championship banners flying at Angels Stadium.........

I hope the Angels win the Golden Cactus this year!  Seriously tho; gotta hijack this a little bit...  Watching/listening to the games, it cracks me up how seriously all these announcers take the first few games of ST.  It's about process now, not results yet.  *Though, we did just improve to 4-0!  The best team in baseball, beating the reigning Champs!

Back to our own Anaheim Stadium...  I grew-up going to this field for Angels, high school, and Rams games.  I have seen the stadium changed and upgraded (which will continue to be necessary), but it is still one of my favorite places to be.  I love being able to park outside of center field to tail-gate (or visit tail-gates under the Big-A), and wander to our right field seats.  I love the Budweiser patio, and being able to stand and chat with friends during the games.  I feel like the sight-lines are very good at our park; all I need is a scoreboard that reports the vital stats, including pitch-count and velocity.  If the ESPN article keeps fair-weather or curiosity-seekers away, that just means more room for me to kick my feet-out, relax, and watch the great game.

2 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Where the fuck is Dodger stadium? That place is a literal shit hole.

Angel stadium has it's issues, no doubt, but I don't get how Angel Stadium is listed below Dodger stadium.

I've seen many of these Top MLB stadium list, and Dodger stadium is always ranked very high. Like Top 5 high.

And to be honest, I agree. It may not be the nicest park, but its an awesome place to watch a game. Too bad you can't hang out in the parking lot, that place would be awesome for tailgating. 

I'd throw KC in there. The ballpark itself is fine, but the food service is really really bad (wasn't the case ten years ago), and if you're driving from KC proper you get a very interesting tour of the east side of KC (think a way sadder Compton).