• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Political Gallery

Chuck

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, fishbulb said:

I'm not sure where to put this, so it's going here:

the realistic part of this is they just announced this week that the jungle cruise is going to get a makeover to be a bit more politically correct, including the script from the boat captains.

they made a movie about the jungle cruise starring The Rock but the release was held up because of covid. haven't seen anything yet about it being released at some other time.

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

the realistic part of this is they just announced this week that the jungle cruise is going to get a makeover to be a bit more politically correct, including the script from the boat captains.

they made a movie about the jungle cruise starring The Rock but the release was held up because of covid. haven't seen anything yet about it being released at some other time.

Hopefully they keep the backside of water line. It kills every time.

38 minutes ago, Taylor said:

People complained when they removed the "pimp selling women" sequence from Pirates of the Caribbean. Months later, no one cared anymore.

So it didn’t really mean anything.  Just a stupid move to make .001% of the population happy and probably .0001% of their customers 

18 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

So it didn’t really mean anything.  Just a stupid move to make .001% of the population happy and probably .0001% of their customers 

I don't support removing things because the whiny twitter SJW's are throwing a tantrum, but I'm sure I don’t have to tell you how powerful a tool like socia media has become. 

Even if it's just a small, vocal minority (not talking about a black midget in a movie theater @calscuf), there's enough fire there to bring legitimate bad press. We've seen it happen before. Companies will do anything to avoid bad press, and that's nothing new. Now that social media is the biggest news platform in the world, a company like Disney, who arguably cares more about bad press than any other company on the planet, will absolutely jump all over a decision like that.

I mean, does it offend you that it was taken down? Does it offend you that the Redskins are changing their name? I'm gonna guess no. Just because only a small percentage is affected by it, doesn’t mean it should just be left alone. It does far more harm to keep these things in place than it does taking them down. So it actually does mean something, no matter how insignificant it is to you or me.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

People complained when they removed the "pimp selling women" sequence from Pirates of the Caribbean. Months later, no one cared anymore.

I still do. Pirates spent money to fuck whores in the Caribbean and that was part of what made the ride seem real. Sorry if it hurts you in the feelz.

You have to love social justice warriors erasing history through Disneyland rides. It’s only a matter of time before rum and guns are deleted from the pirates ride because the childrenz.

I’m sure the Christmas version of It’s a Small World will no longer be played during the holidays. Abe Lincoln on Main Street is getting cancelled for sure. In fact you will now enter Disneyland through The Harriet Tubman Underground Railway. Snow White’s Castle is now the Black Shack and Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride is all about a gay orgy. 

13 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The hilarious part of all this is Walt Disney himself oversaw both Pirates and the Jungle book cruise. The inventor of Mickey Mouse and the happiest place on earth and included human auctioning. 

Walt-Disney-Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-Dis

Things were a little "different" back then, IMO JMHO.

8 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't support removing things because the whiny twitter SJW's are throwing a tantrum, but I'm sure I don’t have to tell you how powerful a tool like socia media has become. 

Even if it's just a small, vocal minority (not talking about a black midget in a movie theater @calscuf), there's enough fire there to bring legitimate bad press. We've seen it happen before. Companies will do anything to avoid bad press, and that's nothing new. Now that social media is the biggest news platform in the world, a company like Disney, who arguably cares more about bad press than any other company on the planet, will absolutely jump all over a decision like that.

I mean, does it offend you that it was taken down? Does it offend you that the Redskins are changing their name? I'm gonna guess no. Just because only a small percentage is affected by it, doesn’t mean it should just be left alone. It does far more harm to keep these things in place than it does taking them down. So it actually does mean something, no matter how insignificant it is to you or me.

Thanks for the thoughtful response.  What does offend me is that a very, very small number of people are affecting everyone else.  I doubt Disney loses even one percent of their business if they kept things the same.

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

Thanks for the thoughtful response.  What does offend me is that a very, very small number of people are affecting everyone else.  I doubt Disney loses even one percent of their business if they kept things the same.

How do you know it's a very, very small number of people?

9 hours ago, Lhalo said:

You have to love social justice warriors erasing history through Disneyland rides. It’s only a matter of time before rum and guns are deleted from the pirates ride because the childrenz.

I’m sure the Christmas version of It’s a Small World will no longer be played during the holidays. Abe Lincoln on Main Street is getting cancelled for sure. In fact you will now enter Disneyland through The Harriet Tubman Underground Railway. Snow White’s Castle is now the Black Shack and Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride is all about a gay orgy. 

Lol @ "erasing history."

Just now, Jason said:

Because most, normal people do not get offended at trivial stuff. 

Link? And if something is trivial to you, does that mean it should be trivial to everyone?

For the record, I don't get offended by this stuff. But I also don't want to assume that my POV is the only correct one.

Just now, Taylor said:

Link? And if something is trivial to you, does that mean it should be trivial to everyone?

For the record, I don't get offended by this stuff. But I also don't want to assume that my POV is the only correct one.

I’m confident in my opinion that most people would not be concerned about the Jungle Cruise and think about race when they see it