• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Which all-time record is Trout most likely to break?

Oz27

DiScar, including that partial season where he got a cup of coffee makes his numbers go far down from where they would be. 

Without doing all the math, you go from 100 runs/season on average to 116, Hits to 178, 2B to 34, Triples to 7.5, HR to 33, etc. Even as you say it's not that scientific, if he replicates his career numbers for the next 12 seasons based on the 5 he has played basically full time then his numbers definitely improve.

On January 1, 2017 at 11:13 PM, arch stanton said:

The great thing about Trout is that he could be mentioned for all of those records. He's built his reputation on doing everything.

His best bet for breaking any records if he remains an Angel would come if Arte gets him a new hitter-friendly park to play in.

I think someone else will pass Reggie before Trout gets there or someone like Bryant will give him a run for his money.

Trout homers every 13 at bats at Yankees Stadium and homers every 17 at bats at Angels Stadium. If Trout is into records and improving his long term career numbers then a hitters ballpark would help get that done. 

I think he breaks none of the big records individually but ends up high on the list of many of the records. . .a testament to his overall game, and making him different from some of the guys who sit on top of one category but were more narrow in their overall game. The Toyota Camry is an excellent car. Nobody would argue otherwise. But the Hyundai has more legroom! The Subaru has more horsepower! The Nissan has a larger trunk! Mike Trout is a beast of a baseball player. I really don't care if: Rickey Henderson stole more bases! Pete Rose got more hits!

42 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You can subtract all of Hank Aaron's homeruns from his hit totals and he still has more hits lifetime than Barry Bonds.  Hank Aaron is criminally underrated as an all time great.  

And if Bonds attempted a comeback and went 0-for-2000 with 0 walks, HBP or sac flies he would still have a higher on-base percentage than Aaron.

you would have a tough time convincing me that Barry Bonds was better than either Willie Mays or Hank Aaron.

I agree with the prior post that expresses amazement at how good the Mays and Aaron stats hold up over time.

and that's when players really weren't as stat conscious as they are today.

Now, Mays and Aaron, if they played today, probably wouldn't play 20 to 23 years like they did because they would have made so much money, they could have quit after year 15.

It's hard to believe the annual salaries of these guys back in the day probably wouldn't buy a decent back up middle infielder these days.

as for Mays and Aaron -- Aaron's stats are truly amazing -- he was very under-rated during much of career playing in Milwaukee and then Atlanta.

Appreciation of his talent came much too late. And, on top of all that, he's always been a Class Act.

Mays? I think he may have been the greatest ever -- and probably is the closest match to where Trout is stat wise now -- Trout will be good in all categories and that includes something overlooked here and generally -- defensive stats and ability........Mays was truly amazing in CF --  so is Trout.

But I'm a old guy who actually saw Mays and Aaron play..........still in awe of their ability even today.

Trout has an opportunity to have his name up there with the game's true all time greats.

As for the post mentioning stats above,  yeah, using Trout's partial year may reduce his annual average but I think it makes up for the fact that today's players -- Trout included -- won't play 20 years like Mays and Aaron did.