• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why Obama is a coward

So a few days ago the state department did not veto the U.N. condemnation of Israeli settlements in the West Bank.  No matter what your opinion is on this it is obvious he waited 8 years to do this.  His last month as president.  Total pussy move.  We waiting until he would not have to deal with the aftermath. 

He didn't change his mind, nothing about the situation has changed.  This was a pussy, hypocritical move.  

Yes, it's shocking that Obama didn't veto the condemning after all that Netanyahu has done to ensure good will with him.

Netanyahu has done everything short of dropping a deuce on the Oval Office rug. And yet we still give billions of dollars of aid to Israel every year and will continue to do so. Screw him. Israel will still be okay and will continue their war until well after we're both dead, and the US will continue to give them aid regardless of who is president.

3 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

So a few days ago the state department did not veto the U.N. condemnation of Israeli settlements in the West Bank.  No matter what your opinion is on this it is obvious he waited 8 years to do this.  His last month as president.  Total pussy move.  We waiting until he would not have to deal with the aftermath. 

He didn't change his mind, nothing about the situation has changed.  This was a pussy, hypocritical move.  

He's being called an anti-semite from the far right (again) just for having the US abstain from the vote.  But I tend to agree with you, nothing changes... Trump will reset the policy in a few weeks.

Those settlements are BS, though. I don't see how that's even debatable. A little annoying that Obama didn't take a bigger stand on this since he had the moral high ground.

9 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Ha ha, look over there.   

He had seven years to do this but waited until he was leaving office.  

Your hate fur Trump has blinded you to anything else.

That's a fair point but every president waits until the last minute to do some shady shit. But seriously, why would Obama go to bat for Netanyahu? Dude spent the last year shitting all over him. As Arch said, sometimes you gotta put your foot down.

2 hours ago, Glen said:

That's a fair point but every president waits until the last minute to do some shady shit. But seriously, why would Obama go to bat for Netanyahu? Dude spent the last year shitting all over him. As Arch said, sometimes you gotta put your foot down.

Obama's personal beef with Netanyahu takes precedence over any rational foreign policy.

2 hours ago, Glen said:

I agree with Glen.  This is some shady shit from Obama.

48 minutes ago, Glen said:

Come on man, I have Mexican in-laws. You know it's tamales.

My stepdaughter's boyfriend's family is Mexican. We're headed over to their house for the traditional Christmas enchiladas in about an hour.

For my ethnic contribution, I'm pulling out a bottle of Newfoundland Screech. None of the people there have ever tried it.

tamales are one of those foods that i really, really want to like.

fact is, i can't stand them. just taste like a bunch of wet tortilla to me. 

keep your suggestions to yourself, friends. i've tried them from everyone everywhere, including the best tamale maker in east L.A., "my abuela's legendary tamales," etc. etc. etc. They all suck.

5 hours ago, Tank said:

keep your suggestions to yourself, friends. i've tried them from everyone everywhere, including the best tamale maker in east L.A., "my abuela's legendary tamales," etc. etc. etc. They all suck.

Someone needs to take this Steely Eyed Missile Man down a peg. Where's audi_driver when you need him?

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

Was talking to my assistant today (Mexican fellow).  At his house yesterday his ex-con drunken cousin started a fist fight with my assistants mom's elderly white boyfriend.  And another cousin emailed the family and has been sending harassing texts all day to another cousin who she accused of trying to flirt or hook up with the other cousins baby daddy.

These are the days of our lives...

i agree with MT.  This is far too little far too late.  Its an empty measure that does nothing to advance the cause of peace.  The stand against the settlements should have been made 8 years ago (really 50 odd years ago), but as always political cowardice in the face of Israeli lobbying prevailed.  Now, when nothing he does matters, they do it - putting it front and center for Trump and his evangelical zionist allies.  Laughable and disappointing.  If anything comes of this, it will almost certainly be terrible for the cause of peace.

I don't think Obama is a coward overall, but he mostly has been on this.  Which is no different then just about any other President.  George Herbert was the last time that we really took meaningful action to send a message.  The good news is, at least for the Democrats.  The time has either come or is nearly coming when challenging Israel will not be a deal breaker for their voters.  I hope that vast public support for the settlements will fade quickly. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 hours ago, calscuf said:

Was talking to my assistant today (Mexican fellow).  At his house yesterday his ex-con drunken cousin started a fist fight with my assistants mom's elderly white boyfriend.  And another cousin emailed the family and has been sending harassing texts all day to another cousin who she accused of trying to flirt or hook up with the other cousins baby daddy.

sounds like the fun usually found at a quincinera or a wake. glad to see everyone was in the holiday spirit.

On 12/26/2016 at 8:45 AM, Tank said:

I'm not alone in this!!

It's true that it can be very difficult to find a good tamale.

If you actually have a good tamale it can ruin all future tamale experiences.

Years ago, the mother of a friend of mine made tamales one Christmas and they were amazing.

Totally ruined it for me, haven't had a good tamale since.