• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

California legalizes marijuana

6 minutes ago, Stringfellow said:

when am i allowed to walk in and get some? do we have the greenlight now or is there some waiting period for some bill to be signed or some shit?

i had a physical recently and my liver tests were poor. i want to ditch booze and start using those g pens or edibles.

Were all talking about that at work...as far as we know, its immediate (dont want to give bad advice). But as far as we know, less than an ounce is now legal. 

Not sure what the laws will say. Agr, where you can, etc. But glad as hell we can stop going to calls because someones pissed they can smell their neighbor smoking next door.

13 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Were all talking about that at work...as far as we know, its immediate (dont want to give bad advice). But as far as we know, less than an ounce is now legal. 

Not sure what the laws will say. Agr, where you can, etc. But glad as hell we can stop going to calls because someones pissed they can smell their neighbor smoking next door.

nice. i might check this shit out tomorrow. i was never into weed (i get paranoia really bad) but want to try some mild shit or easy going stuff for stress management and a sleeping aid.

3 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

What does this mean for people who have federal jobs? asking for a friend.

i think it's the same as it is now, dude.

employers can institute that you're not impaired. also, because it's still federally illegal places can institute following federal law....i know how that's how it is here in ca at most places that drug test.

i'm lucky i don't get subjected to any kind of test unless i'm at work tanked.

do they test you regularly or randomly? 

2 minutes ago, Stringfellow said:

i think it's the same as it is now, dude.

employers can institute that you're not impaired. also, because it's still federally illegal places can institute following federal law....i know how that's how it is here in ca at most places that drug test.

i'm lucky i don't get subjected to any kind of test unless i'm at work tanked.

do they test you regularly or randomly? 

Random =(

23 minutes ago, Stringfellow said:

nice. i might check this shit out tomorrow. i was never into weed (i get paranoia really bad) but want to try some mild shit or easy going stuff for stress management and a sleeping aid.

Try CBD oils, chews, etc. It has no THC so it isn't psychoactive. However, if you add a bit of THC it is supposed to aid in CBD absorption.

It'll relax you and sink into deep sleep.

7 minutes ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

With this new law, where are you allowed to smoke in public?  Will weed be treated like cigarettes where you can only smoke in designated areas, or is it unlawful to smoke out in public, and only in your home? 

From my understanding it will be like alcohol, in most places you can't drink in public, and in many places you can't smoke cigs in public anymore...which raises the question about Amsterdam-like bars...or with Nevada on the bandwagon...In Vegas where you CAN drink walking down the streets, what are they going to do there?

This all happens a couple of decades late for it to matter much to me, but it's still going to be interesting.

I have certain skills on the botanical end of this issue, and I predict that, just like wine, there will still be money to be made since there will always be a market for the finer things in life. After this all shakes out, I'm thinking I will be able to supplement my retirement, without the threat of G-men repelling into my garden from helicopters.  

I came to ask the same question AD&B did.  

As far as making money there's already a ton of cartels/growers and so on who have been selling to collectives.  If you want to grow your own and maybe sell to a few friends sure but I wouldn't expect much beyond that unless by supplement  your retirement you mean growing a decent amount that's quality.  

I have no problem with 420 in general, but am interested on how the state will regulate it's use in public. Maybe I'm being too paranoid with this, but I don't want to be at a public place, be it the beach, a park, music venue with my kids and have to sit or walk through a cloud of purple kush smoke. Damn I must be getting old...

8 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I came to ask the same question AD&B did.  

As far as making money there's already a ton of cartels/growers and so on who have been selling to collectives.  If you want to grow your own and maybe sell to a few friends sure but I wouldn't expect much beyond that unless by supplement  your retirement you mean growing a decent amount that's quality.  

There will always be a market for quality..and not everyone has the knowledge and skill to produce quality.

In a few years there will be a lot of Budweiser and Gallo (to use the beer and wine analogy) but there will always be a market for the Pliny (younger and elder) and Hermitage/ Chateaus ..

My smoking days have ended but there's no shortage of quality product out there now.  If you go into a dispensary you can tell them what kind of a high you want and they can recommend 5+ strands they have in stock.  I was in Amsterdam back in 2007 and in the dispensaries they had reviews on all of the strands and other things they sold so depending on what you were looking for you knew what to get and what to expect.  If you go and buy from the local liquor store if/when they start selling that's one thing but there's plenty of  high end options out there now that aren't going away.  I think a lot of casual smokers, particularly people who smoked in the past but stopped or those who want to do it sparingly now that it's legal will drive the demand for quality product.  One of my friends career is driven by the industry and while it's going to change a lot now they've come a long way from the days when my friends and I had a few options and what they had is what they had..

I'm up on the industry and everything that's happened over the past decade or two. I live in an area that has surpassed Humboldt and the Emerald Triangle, (where I learned the craft back in the 70's) in production. The "quality" I'm talking about is above and beyond what is to be found in dispensaries even today.

Everyone has known this day was coming. There is still the issue of the Fed, but hopefully they will soon decide to stop wasting time and money and allow the science to flourish. There are things in the pipeline (pun intended) that are mind boggling.

29 minutes ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

I have no problem with 420 in general, but am interested on how the state will regulate it's use in public. Maybe I'm being too paranoid with this, but I don't want to be at a public place, be it the beach, a park, music venue with my kids and have to sit or walk through a cloud of purple kush smoke. Damn I must be getting old...

In one year+ of living in Colorado*, I have only noticed/smelled marijuana a handful of times. As far as I know, you can only smoke it in your homes here. I'm guessing it will be the same in California.

*I haven't spent much time in Boulder.