• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I-I>illary..... run-of-the-mill victory, smackdown or most historic tank job ever? (official 2016 election gameday)

ABC

run-of-the-mill victory or smackdown?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Landslide?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Trump schlongs HRC

2 hours ago, #CF8 said:

I got through most of it while driving but the World Series analogy
really falls apart quickly because,
while overall run diff isn't considered, each team goes into each game
to win. Every game counts,
not just games 4 and 7...Unlike the EC where the candidates do not
try to win every state only a select few. 

Plus, they kept bringing up reasoning from 200 years ago why
the EC made sense. Yes, it made sense–200 years ago. Many of those reasons
do not apply well today. 

I agree that we do not know what the outcome will be the election switched to 
a national popular tally because the game was played knowing
that only a few states were in play.

Regardless, the EC is seriously flawed. And a popular tally may not be the answer. It
may be better or it may be worse but no one made a compelling case
either way despite them proclaiming their answer
is the best.

I think it's unfortunate the federal government has so much power. This wouldn't be as big a deal otherwise

What is the map supposed to illustrate? I get that they have large pop but not everyone in each state votes one way. One can also illustrate a map where lower pop states have more power than other lower pop states because they are swingers. 

it's majority of where the popular votes come from if it was done that way. granted, if we did have a popular vote you'd see the right out here in ca.

nothing more than a cartoon map to go with the current discussion. a few states really hold the power if a popular vote was to be done here.

Right now a few swing states hold all the power. Either way, California wouldn't vote with one voice if it were a popular vote. Yet with the EC it does. 

This topic is more complex than I ever thought. And I've maxed out how much brain power that I can dedicate to exploring it further. Many good points brought up in this thread. The two things that I gather is that the EC as it stands is not a good system and we don't know if a popular vote will be the best solution. I think we should give the popular vote a try for three elections and reevaluate.

Maybe, but how much more can they do? I'd be interested in the strategy employed by the candidates with a popular vote.

American TV rocks. USA is the entertainment producer for the world, outside of soccer. If you watch commercial breaks then you deserve to be subjected to ads.

On 11/14/2016 at 10:43 AM, Thomas said:

I guess politics is all about cliques. Hillary's clique is all bff now with the hip Hollywood crowd and the white working class is the ugly former best friend pushed to the curb. Trump is that loser guy you know you should stay away from but it beats loneliness.

Which means less time politicians are doing the job they are supposed to be doing.  Also, even more obscene amounts of money being spent.  it is disgusting.

• 3 years later...
On 11/8/2016 at 12:31 AM, ABC said:

Will this be the biglyest of landslides?

On 11/8/2016 at 1:11 AM, Rico said:

Bloodbath.

On 11/8/2016 at 1:45 AM, arch stanton said:

I think she's plenty slimy enough to give him a few states

On 11/8/2016 at 6:17 AM, Adam said:

Jethro ain't gonna be happy

On 11/8/2016 at 6:39 PM, Jason said:

I still think Hillary wins this

On 11/8/2016 at 7:58 PM, Lhalo said:

Lou is going to have a field day digging up some old quotes in this forum. 

I agree.