• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tossed Salas traded to NY Mets

nando714

check out this guy from the Mets -- my attitude is that we traded Salas as his absolute highest value -- so good job front office !! -- now, I am hoping this guy from the Mets is a top pitching prospect........Salas was our closer of the moment -- but all of our regular posters here - I am sure -- were like me -- just waiting for him to implode in that closer role.

I think we traded Salas at the absolute right time - a day before the Sept. 1 deadline to expand rosters so Salas can be on the Mets post-season roster if they make it and can add some depth to their pen for the 6th to 8th inning -- he certainly won't be closing there.

the guy we got has to have more promise than what Salas would give us in 2017-18.

Salas is the last guy from the Freese/ Salas for Bourjos/Grichuk trade for us - who would have guessed then that Grichuk -- the throw in - would be the last player standing for the two teams.

trade worked out well for all -- and Freese --amazingly to me anyway --now has a nice to year deal with the Pirates.........Bourjos - who I really liked -- seemed to be on thin ice in Philadelphia.........once his wheels go - he's done.

2 hours ago, TroutField said:

You have to be trolling 

Why the hell would I be trolling?  What a stupid resposse.  I gave a legit question.  From what I read the player we got in exchange for Salas us a dog.  There is 30 days left in the season so why trade him.  With such little time left in the season how much salary relief do we get

So smart ass you tell me what was the benefit of the trade for the Angels?  I can see Mets interest in the move but what is the Angels?

15 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Why the hell would I be trolling?  What a stupid resposse.  I gave a legit question.  From what I read the player we got in exchange for Salas us a dog.  There is 30 days left in the season so why trade him.  With such little time left in the season how much salary relief do we get

So smart ass you tell me what was the benefit of the trade for the Angels?  I can see Mets interest in the move but what is the Angels?

$430,000 Storm.  Every penny counts.

cool.  i was hoping we'd do this.  Any time you can add projectable arms it's a good thing.  

btw, he got blown up in two starts this year.  1ip, 10er and 3.1ip with 9er.  In his 11 other games he pitched 57.2ip, with 56h, 20bb, 58k, and a 2.89 era.  

he's got a good arm.  low 90's fastball with a downhill plane (from what I saw of the video) when his mechanics are working.  Curve looked average and you could see it coming.  Change is supposedly average.  20yo in short A so he on track and as mentioned, his overall numbers don't tell the whole story.  If he spends next year at Burlington, he's still on track from an age perspective.  

Be happy we got a young arm with a modicum of potential for Fernando freakin Salas.