• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hamilton placed on unconditional release waivers.

On 8/24/2016 at 0:54 AM, ukyah said:

WAR is an extremely flawed stat and i'm not sure why that hasn't been exposed yet.

Possibly because compared to other stats that attempt to do the same thing, it's the least "flawed"... using quotations simply because I'm not sure how to really define it.  Bill James tried to give it a go with Win Shares and that never seemed to catch on.  Maybe the best answer is not to try to have one "end all be all" statistic.   

Personally, I think the bigger issue with how people try to use the stat than the actual statistic.  Everyone understands it's defensive components are wonky and that it's not meant to use a predictor of anything, but as a snapshot type stat -- it's ok, I think you said as much in explaining your criticism of the statistic.

I don't think we will ever see defensive metrics come close to where the offensive ones are -- the sample sizes are the real killer IMO.  

On August 26, 2016 at 10:13 AM, Blarg said:

I sometimes quote a post and have to abandon the thread for work before I can respond and it shows up every time I return to the thread. To get rid of it I have to post,  then delete it. 

it happens every time I quote a post. it can be a week later, but when I go back to post something in the same thread it's there. it even includes my response. 

something needs to be done about this.

DAAAAD !!!

Edited by Lou

2 hours ago, Lou said:

it happens every time I quote a post. it can be a week later, but when I go back to post something in the same thread it's there. it even includes my response. 

something needs to be done this.

DAAAAD !!!

click on 'source' in the left upper corner.  then delete the source code.  then click source again.  

On August 27, 2016 at 0:58 AM, Dochalo said:

click on 'source' in the left upper corner.  then delete the source code.  then click source again.  

source code?

I think the best way to handle the problem is by fixing it. It's a pain in the ass, especially when you're on a cell

@Chuckster70

On 8/23/2016 at 2:27 PM, Angelsfan1984 said:

Rangers activated OF Josh Hamilton from the 60-day disabled list; placed him on unconditional release waivers.

"Hamilton underwent surgery in June for an ACL injury and to repair arterial and meniscus cartilage in his left knee. The 35-year-old outfielder is still owed $28.4 million in 2017, but the Angels are on the hook for most of that. He didn't appear in a single game this season and will turn 36 years old next May. It probably won't be a very fruitful free agent market for him." Rotoworld

Time for him to smash some tequila and chicken fajitas...if he hasn't been already.

More agony for Arte.