• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Remember The Outrage?

Lou

15 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

The difference is that Santiago will get better, Nolasco won't. 

Yeah but what about Alex Meyer, the centerpiece of the deal for the Halos. Nolasco was always just to be a warm body to fill a rotation spot on a team that's been ravaged by TJS. Meyer is what will make or break this deal

Hector's success has always been contingent on his fragile brain.  He got traded from a team in beautiful socal doing poorly because of injury to a team doing even worse in a miserable place.  The guy has checked out.  

Frankly, it probably explains why his trade value was lower than expected.  Other teams were aware of his meltdown potential.  

Alex Meyer has looked good, but he's rehabbing against kids that are over half a decade younger.  But at least it's encouraging.  

Adding Nolasco was a salary offset.  

13 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

What exactly is the plan with Meyers? I know he was injured when we got him, but he's also pitched 2.1 innings in rookie ball from what I can see on fangraphs. He's not scheduled to make a start anytime soon?

I just haven't heard much about his situation.

Think I read he will make a rehab start in SLC on Saturday. Probably throwing 50-75 pitches. No need to push him this season. His first two rookie ball starts were an inning a piece, his start yesterday was 3 IP.

The hope is he makes a couple starts in September. With expanded rosters, they can proceed cautiously with him still and hold him to a similar pitch limit.

I read that the injury he had was very comparable to Skaggs' shoulder issues earlier this year. They proceeded cautiously with Skaggs as they wanted him to build up his stamina, where with Meyer I think they hope to get him up ASAP just to face MLB hitters, rather than worry about him going 75-100 pitches.

2 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

What exactly is the plan with Meyers? I know he was injured when we got him, but he's also pitched 2.1 innings in rookie ball from what I can see on fangraphs. He's not scheduled to make a start anytime soon?

I just haven't heard much about his situation.

5.1 ip

6 hits 

1 er

12 K

1 BB